• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

greenies?

coconut

i brought home some small greenies from florida when i was coming i gave freddie one yesterday and he had no interest in any of us when he had it, he seemed to really love them!! PETCO is brilliant! :lol:

Tara and Lisa are trying to get these to sell in Ireland. The old distributor no longer offers them and the company that has the brand here says they don't plan to 'launch' them in Ireland any time soon. What BS -- they have been here for three years under the old distributor! But they are looking at other ways of making them available in the multiple pack sizes.

that would be brill if they did, i have not seen freddie like anything as much!! i think u were the one that was talking about them and when i saw them it clicked!!

greenie fix....

A vet tech that I know said that they sold greenies" behind the counter" at the vet's office where she worked...it was like owners came in so that the dog could get their "fix"...they would laugh and say, "One! I only need one! She's been clamoring for it all day!". They're so expensive, but the dogs love them!
I already have a couple of pails full, bought when they were on sale.... I'm surprised they don't see the great demand already...to have them in Ireland.
-Natalie

Molly & Max tried the greenies...I bought the teenie size, according to package instructions. Max had his eaten in less than 2 minutes, and I was sitting right there with him. I was hoping he'd chew on it for a good long time. To say the least, I was disappointed.

I now buy Booda Bimples and they LOVE those. They are expensive...a 3 pack costs almost $13 at Petco. (I have seen on the net that I can buy a case of them for less, but am not willing right now to spend so much money on chews.) With the Booda Bimples the pups get hours & hours of chewing.

The new Greenies are much softer and are eaten faster. Boodas and similar bones like Nylabone chewables are nice in that they can last a good while for some dogs. Boodas will last with dogs that aren't big chewers -- but Lily can finish one in 20 minutes and it all returns in a not very pleasant form a couple of hours later so she isn't allowed them. Greenies don't bother her at all but give some other dogs the runs. Boodas also get all over my sofas and leave grungy white marks on fabric -- I just washed all my slipcovers mainly marked with boodas from the past! They don't sell Boodas here either but a lot of those veggie bones and chews are basically the same thing -- corn or wheatstarch-based (incidentally these are things that can cause allergic reactions in some dogs).

I have to agree with Karlin.....Booda Bimples do make a mess... if the pups are chewing on them in your lap, your chothes will be gross afterwards...or the couch or the floor...where ever. BUT for Molly & Max....it gives them hours of chewing and to see them happy makes us even happier.

It would be GREAT to find something that they love to chew, was good for them, didn't cost much at all, lasted a lonnnnnnnnnnng time and didn't make a mess.

Be careful with greenies!

I was giving those to Rudy, about 1 every other day, and he got VERY loose poopies...so I asked the vet about them. He says he totally discourages giving those to dogs, because the LOVE them so much, they eat them without completely chewing. He saw one doggie die, because of a greenie lodged in his intestines......a slower chewed treat is much safer. :flwr:

Back