Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Molly's Compassion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Molly's Compassion

Molly did something very cute this morning and I wanted to share it with you all. She was sitting on my lap and I was holding her new stuffed dog toy. Molly was vigorously biting at the stuffed dog's leg and I was making a growling sound...playing the dog. Then I changed the growl to an 'Ow, Ow, Ow' (like "Ouch"... to say she was hurting the dog) and Molly stopped biting, pulled back a bit, then LICKED (kissed) the stuffed dog! If I had that moment on video, it would be worth gold. I hugged and kissed her telling her what a good dog she was to give the doggie a kiss.

She is the most precious & dear puppy. She shows compassion quite often as I am easily brought to tears.....one day a news story brought me to tears and I sat down across the room from Molly while watching the tv. As I was blubbering, I saw her take notice of me, jump down from the couch and jump up next to me on the love seat to kiss me, then cuddled next to me. Max sat opposite us totally oblivious of the big moment I was having with Molly.

I wonder...are the female dogs more compassionate that the male dogs? Or would it just be different personalities?? Or could it be that we got Molly when she was about 12 weeks old and Max when he was about 18 weeks old???
    Lynn
    Momma to Molly (blen) Maxwell (tri) Nora (blen) and 2 kitties

Ohhh yeah...and 2 human (20 & 21 yr old) "children"

Post Thanks / Like

I think you have a very special dog in Molly. I don't think it is based on when she came to live with you or her sex. You are just blessed to have a little soul who is in tune to your needs and there to comfort you and give you love.
    Charleen and Cav's: Pippin (ruby male), Merry (b&t female), Luke (blenheim male) & Jolly (tri male puppy)

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Charleen. It's just a difference in personalities. Some people are more easily moved by other people, etc., so are dogs.

Neither of my Cavs is sympathetic if I'm upset. Nor is my shihtzu. They'll walk away if I'm crying. My Eclectus parrot, however, will cry along with me. When I was bed-ridden a few years ago with a blood clot Henry's cage was in my room. His cage had to be covered everytime the nurse came to visit because he would squawk and growl at her. He didn't want that stranger touching me.

My first shihtzu was very in tune with my feelings. If I cried, she was in my lap. If I was upset over anything, she was upset too. My husband said he could always tell my mood by watching Bonnie Jean.

Count yourself as very lucky to have a companion who is so aware of you and your feelings. They can be a wonderful comfort.
    Critter -
    RIP Wallis, John Robert, Tibby & Pip
    Mom to JoJo, Roxie & Linguini (Cavaliers)
    and my birds Moji (Senegal) and Walter (Blue Front Amazon)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lynn....Lily does the exact same things. She is the most loving little dog I have ever seen. Almost to the human level with hugs and kisses at the appropriate time. It is not just with me, but everyone she meets or when anyone comes in our house. I just thought that all Cavs did this, as she is my first, and I didn't have anything to compare her to. We got her at 10 weeks. She has been this way since day one. It is almost eerie the way she can sense our moods and offer her kisses and hugs at the appropriate time. She is extremely sensitive and we can not discipline her at all with any type of scolding. She is so good though and only wants to please us, so she seldom is naughty and you only have to tell her no once. I told my husband that she is the perfect dog and is almost too good to be true. I just can't imagine ever having another dog like her. I don't know what we would do without her, she brings us so much joy.
    Sharon,
    Mom to Bleinham Cavaliers Lily, 5 years old, and Alfie, 8 year old puppy mill rescue.
    At the Bridge, Chloe, Lhasa Apso.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh that is so sweet!! What a tender and compassionate little soul you have there. Hmmm...not so here at my house I laughed the other day when talking about the lack of empathy from my two (yep, especially Jakey Buddy), if I were sick and in the bed the only thing he would be concerned about was....who's going to feed me and throw my ball for me...it's all about Jake! Love him to death little goofball. Shelby is such an independent little thing I don't think she'd notice.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Awww thats so sweet I think the other board members are right in that it probably varies from animal to animal. Take joy in the fact that you have a lovely sensitive soul to lean on when times get rough
    Jasmine, mommy to Ellie (tri girl), Griffin, Hunter, & Dexter (kitties)

Ellie is here!!!!

http://elliethecavalier.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Lynn - How sweet your little Molly is!! They really have a sixth sense sometimes. I posted this on the other board a while back but will repeat it here. When my brother died a year ago suddenly from a heart attack at age 45, I was obviously very distraught for weeks following Jay's death (as was my entire family). Well, Katie was the most comforting thing for me. She was always near me, didn't pester me to play and just kept looking at me with those soleful eyes. God love her! She really helped me through a very difficult time in my life. It was really as if she knew my limitations at the time. The funny thing is that about three weeks later, she was back to her "okay, mom, it's time to play" self. I know some people say they're "just dogs", but we all know the truth, don't we!
    Angie, Katie and Lexi

Post Thanks / Like

Aww that is soo cute...Molly is definitely a very special dog...Its amazing how loving this breed is....i aswell dont think it has anything to do with the gender or the time you got her...its just her ...My Milo is exactly like that ..very compassionate and caring...he hears a tiny whimper and he's right by your side licking you gently....monty is quite oblivious.. but he is still very loving too...

youre very lucky to have such a special dog.
    xXNishaXx
    Milo & Monty~ (Males, Blenheims, born 25/11/05 )
    Ally (Daschund - not with me)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all for your thoughts on the differences between Molly & Max. I've always felt deep down that she has a very loving soul but I wasn't quite sure if that was because she is a Cav or because it was her unique nature. Max is sweet & loving...loves to cuddle & kiss, but doesn't seem to be intuned with me like Molly is.

I am sooooo happy that this board exists to discuss our amazing dogs!

Thanks again!
    Lynn
    Momma to Molly (blen) Maxwell (tri) Nora (blen) and 2 kitties

Ohhh yeah...and 2 human (20 & 21 yr old) "children"

Post Thanks / Like

Aww little sweetie Maxx does this too and we laugh as it's so funny. I always remember when Maxx found a dead pigeon behind the trees that were in our garden. He kept running back and forth to me crying and pawing the dead bird

My Vet said if it was any of his Cavs they'd have eaten it