• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Maggie

Noleen

Hi everyone. Well we've had Maggie for 11 days now and she is so adorable. Though she does love my husband more than she loves me. Maybe I just need to spend more time with her. I still can't find the camera lead so I've been using my mobile to take photographs of her.

395131042_4a94b4b3aa.jpg

395131046_cc36c7e04f.jpg

Maggie playing with mummy's sock!
395131039_d26e1f43e2.jpg

We went to visit our families at the weekend to show them the beautiful new addition to our family and of course they all thought she was adorable. But I dont think Maggie enjoyed the car journey as she was a wee bit sick :drivecar: :yuk:

Thanks Charleen. It's difficult trying to get good pictures as she seems to move exactly when I take the photograph.

I wonder if you could give me some advice? Maggie had been peeing in her bed the first 3 days we had her but we realised that she didn't like being put in the pen at night so we took her out and she sleeps in her bed on the floor and she is fine. But yesterday she was sitting on the blanket on the couch and then i sat down beside her and when I got up I felt a damp patch on my bottom. It appeared that she had peed a wee bit on the blanket, not too much though. Do you know why this may be?

How old is Charleen and is she spayed? I am no expert, but there can be other reasons for a wet bed other than just peeing in it. Some bitches suffer from "spay incontinence" and can dribble urine while they are sleeping. They don't even know they are doing it and have no control over it.

Another more worrying cause of a wet bed is pymetra. This only happens to bitches that have not been spayed, and I think only occurs after they are sexually mature. Anyway, it is where the uterus fills with pus. Usually the dog shows symptoms of being very sick, but not always. Sometimes the first sign that something is wrong is a wet bed, but usually the wet patch has a really nasty smell.

Have you actually seen her peeing?

awwwwwww she is adorable ! How old is she ?

Hey ....if you want a dog to love YOU and not dh so much .....get her a playmate and get a BOY !!!! All of my girls prefer my dh ....... but my boy is totally in love with ME !

She is 21 weeks. She has started settling in now and is becoming a bit more playful. She doesn't play with her toys but will play with my hair bobble and socks. A boy would be delightful but I think we have our hands full at the moment with Maggie.

I hope there is nothing wrong with her. I will keep a close eye on her over the next couple of days and see what happens.

She's very sweet! :) I'd not think of a second til she is an adult -- you will have your hands full for the time being -- but happy to talk to you later on if you are interested in a rescue... :lol:. Many dogs need to learn to play with toys. It took months for Leo, who had been a kennel dog, to figure out what toys were and that was mainly from watching Jaspar.

Roxanne said:
awwwwwww she is adorable ! How old is she ?

Hey ....if you want a dog to love YOU and not dh so much .....get her a playmate and get a BOY !!!! All of my girls prefer my dh ....... but my boy is totally in love with ME !

I coudln't have said it better Roxanne. Love my girl but it seems she's falling in love with DADDY! :yikes Kosmo still loves me though ;)

Noleen said:
I hope there is nothing wrong with her. I will keep a close eye on her over the next couple of days and see what happens.

None of the things I was mentioning above would apply Noleen as she is to young for any of them. I had trouble picking her age from the photograph.

Just puppy nerves & settling in I'd think. She's adorable.

Noleen said:
Thanks Charleen. It's difficult trying to get good pictures as she seems to move exactly when I take the photograph.

I wonder if you could give me some advice? Maggie had been peeing in her bed the first 3 days we had her but we realised that she didn't like being put in the pen at night so we took her out and she sleeps in her bed on the floor and she is fine. But yesterday she was sitting on the blanket on the couch and then i sat down beside her and when I got up I felt a damp patch on my bottom. It appeared that she had peed a wee bit on the blanket, not too much though. Do you know why this may be?
Weeing like this could possibly be a sign of a urinary tract infection.

She's a sweetie! :flwr:

Back