Thread: Missouri - Puppy Mill Rescue.... Slippers, baby female Ruby

Post Thanks / Like

Default Missouri - Puppy Mill Rescue.... Slippers, baby female Ruby

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=7896307

Slippers is a purebred Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, born 11/14/06. She has puppy papers to be registered with the ACA (American Canine Association) registry. She is Ruby with a white chest and white front toes.

Slippers was purchased at a dog breeder auction to keep her out of the hands of breeders and puppy millers. She has the typical Cavalier disposition - a little shy, very sweet. She will be spayed, have a small hernia repaired, and be brought up to date on all vaccinations and wormings before being placed.

Slippers' adoption fee is $400.00
    Mother to...
    Wesley, blenheim
    Daisy, Tricolor
    & two human rugrats!

Post Thanks / Like

I sent an inquiry about slippers. Will let you know what I find out.
    Incredibly proud mom to Toby, my baby, and the amazing 8 year old Max who has found his forever home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Their way of phrasing things is a little odd: it's not the norm to not only note the dog is purebred with papers, but that the dog may be registered even if it is with a trash registry like the ACA. I just wonder why they are mentioning this as I'd think a rescue taking dogs out of puppy mill situations would not want to emphasise the dog's registration as if it is a selling point or in this case, even meaningful, given that about anything could be registered with the ACA if you pay the fee? A curious approach, and perhaps a question to ask the rescue.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com