• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Humane Society Theft

JaneB

I don't know what kind of person would do such a thing but this is truly the act of a low life bottom feeder. This is a small shelter that has been hanging on by a thread for many years. It has had some real problems but with a budget that is so limited they do the best they can. This is just one more set back. Several of us in the Indianapolis area are collecting food and cash donations to see if we can at least replenish what was stolen. How could anyone steal food from homeless animals?!?

JaneB

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=6106876&nav=menu188_2

That sucks!! I made a small donation. I'll bet if a bunch of people made a small donation they would be able to feed their animals. Hint hint.

I just read in the paper yesterday that a man left his hearing aid and a credit card on the Walmart counter in my city. Came right back and the lady behind him had stolen it!! (she is on camera). Now talk about low - stealing a guy's $700 hearing aid!!

Sheri

Breaks my heart to know people could be so low as to steal homeless animals' food....I made a donation to help out. Quick & easy as you could even pay by PayPal!

This past January I celebrated my 40th birthday and I asked my family not to give me gifts but to buy things for our local animal shelter. I even shopped for 'myself' and brought a car full of stuff to the shelter. What a GREAT feeling it was to bring in bags & bags of new toys, chews, treats, peanut butter, paper towels, cat treats & toys. Best Birthday ever!

Lynn said:
This past January I celebrated my 40th birthday and I asked my family not to give me gifts but to buy things for our local animal shelter. I even shopped for 'myself' and brought a car full of stuff to the shelter. What a GREAT feeling it was to bring in bags & bags of new toys, chews, treats, peanut butter, paper towels, cat treats & toys. Best Birthday ever!

Wow Lynn, great job!! I love that feeling too.. It makes me feel so warm and fuzzy and good inside. I can't get enough. ;)

How awful that people would take a homeless animal's food. That makes me sick to my stomach and gives me tears .. seriously rips right into your heart.. I feel bad for the people who stole the food too.. Now what kind of event would have to happen to them to steal 240lbs of food?? It's just a tragic situation all around. I hope they get busted and are forced to return all food PLUS a fine that goes directly to the shelter. How sad. :(

Back