• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ireland Bound

Kimmisue

Karlin and everyone else in Ireland. A good friend and I just booked our flights to Dublin in Oct. :drivecar:
We would love to meet up with some of you and if you have places you would recommend we see that would be wonderful.
We are taking a tour and staying at Kinitty castle.

Please let me know

It would be wonderful to meet some of you.

*ng*l

Excellent! Let us know how long you'll be here and the kind of thing you are interested in. :) We have plenty of time to plan. :lol:

That would be great Kim, let us know the exact dates and we can give you some ideas of fun places to go :D

Wonderful!!!

Janeen and I will be flying in on Oct 28th in the morning and will have that day and the 29th free in Dublin. We haven't booked a hotel yet for that time so if there is one close to the Airport and in expensive let me know... We are due at Kinitty Castle on the 30th to begin our tour and the trail ..the Haunted Castle tour...so yes I knew the castle was haunted :yikes

I would like to see Blarney Castle and kiss the stone..everyone can use extra luck..
But I don't know if it is to far away from Dublin to make it in our free time.

Maybe we can get together for luch ...dinner ...site seeing....

Janeen was so excited when I told her I had contacts in Ireland.

Hi Kim,

Yes Blarney would be a bit too far away to get to on your free time, its about 160 miles from Dublin and 113 miles from Kinitty. There are a good few hotels around the airport, I would suggest trying to get one in the city centre though, at least then you can experience Dublin night life :D If you look at DublinHotels.CentralR.com you will find a list of hotels that might help you.

While you are in Dublin you should go to Trinity College to see the Book of Kells and also the old Jameson Distillery in Smithfield, there is also a viewing tower there so you can see the views around Dublin city.

Hope this helps

Susan

Wow Thanks for the info...Janeen is going to get intouch with her Irish Draught connections also we may be visiting a few farms to look at horses for her to possibly purchase.

Thanks again

They do 'hop on, hop off' bus tours around the city

Dublin Castle in the city is worth a visit. The city is not very big and is walkable.

Back