• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Keep Molly in your thoughts UPDATE 04/05 A GOOD DAY :)

Hoping for the best outcome for Molly.

Take care of yourself too, Bev. :flwr: :flwr: :hug: :hug:

Wishing Molly all the best for her surgery. Sending her positive, healing thoughts for a speedy recovery & a pain & symptom free life :flwr:

I am thinking of you and molly. I know her surgery is this morning and I pray all goes well. Please let us know as soon as you can how she is doing. :hug:

I was just thinking of sweet Molly and wondering how she's recovering. Hope she is feeling better ... :flwr:

:hug:

:updte:

Yesterday was our consultation with Dr. Dewey and his staff at Cornell (who are all wonderful). Dr. Dewey explained the two options of treatment, medicine vs. surgery. He also did a thorough neurological exam and to my suprise discovered Molly had some discomfort in her lower spine.

Thanks to this website (many thanks Karlin :thnx: ), I felt well prepared and confident with my decision to proceed with surgery. She is only 22 months, doesn't appear to be in any pain yet, but at the same time is showing signs of progression, so I feel in my heart of hearts without surgery she would progress rapidly.

The surgery was today, and lasted approximately 3hrs. One of the interns who I talked to this evening said that when Dr. Dewey removed the piece of skull, the pressure was taken off of the brain immediately.

I was told this evening she is resting comfortably and doing well. The staff at Cornell are wonderful and they will be calling me twice a day. They told me not to worry, that the Cavaliers seem to get star treatment :hug:
Hopefully in 5 days she will be back home with us.

I will keep everyone updated and thank you all for the kind words of encouragement.

It sounds like Molly is in really good hands. May she heal swiftly & soon be reunited with you. :hug:

:D Delighted to learn that Molly is over her surgery.Hope she has a speedy recovery from the OP and that she has a happy and pain free long life with a great Mom :flwr: :flwr: :hug: :hug:

Thanks for the update on little Molly. So glad the surgery went well. We're sending hugs and positive thoughts your way. :hug: :hug: :lotsaluv: :xfngr: :xfngr:

I'm so glad the surgery went well for Molly. I bet you will be looking forward to her coming home! :flwr:

Oh Bev...That is the best news possible. You and Molly were on my mind all day yesterday, and I was so excited to see you had posted when I checked the thread this morning. Give Molly hugs from Lily and I. :hug:

What a relief to hear that the surgery went so well. I thought about you often yesterday and was wondering how things were going.

That is very good news, Bev! It sounds as though she is receiving excellent care, and that has to ease your mind for sure.

:updte:

Received a call from Dr. Bailey who said that Molly is doing great :D
She's eating well, wagging her tail and getting lots of cuddles.

She will probably be able to come home on Sunday....I can't wait.:drivecar:

Oh I'll bet Sunday can't come fast enough!! I go through withdrawal overnight :roll: I can't imagine what you feel like. Wonderful that she is doing so well. Tail wags...always a good thing!

Back