• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cooper's knee: Latest news

cooper&fergus

Hi all. Well Cooper is now about 8 weeks from his patella revision op and had his check up with his vet yesterday. He is going great guns on his right leg and can walk 30 mins no problems. What we have noticed is that now he is doing so much more on his right leg, his left leg - the unoperated one - is causing trouble and he's limping a bit on that leg. Anyway the vet is extremely happy with his knee. It is very strong and his muscles are starting to get nice and strong too. The left leg is bad - patella is virutally sitting out of joint constantly. So he is booked in to do the left knee in 2 weeks. I can't wait to get that done and get him on the path to getting back to normal life. I'm so happy we're halfway there although he's so happy at the moment that it's really going to upset him to start again with the other knee. Oh well, all for a good cause down the track. We should get through the first month of strict confinement and barring any premature labour, even the second month before bubs is born...Hopefully. :D

Ohh, I am so happy his knee is recovering so nicely ... !!

What a shame about the other one, but at least now you know what you're in for with the second surgery.

I think we need more pictures of Cooper :D

:flwr:

Well...when it's all over he's going to be the bionic dog!! :D Wonderful that the first knee has healed so well....that's encouraging news for getting the 2nd done. And once you're done..you're done!! Hang in there!

So glad to hear that cooper's knee is doing well.. :) Sorry about the other one. :( That just sucks. What are the chances of having 2?? Thank God he has such good guardians that are taking tip top care of him. :flwr:

ANd congratulations on your expecting! :flwr:

Glad his repaired knee is doing so well. :) Hopefully his second knee will seem easier now that you've been though it already. Fingers crossed the timing works out for you! :xfngr: :xfngr:

Thanks everyone.

It's funny that the confinement factor of his recovery seemed so daunting at the start of all this, but now it's just part of our life and we're very used to it. The only thing that will be hard for me this time round is the carrying given the stage of my pregnancy - am now 31 weeks and counting!

Anyway we'll get through it and Cooper will be tearing around in time to meet his little brother or sister. :D

I am happy to hear all is well after 8 weeks. My Maggie will be going for surgery the first week of April and I am very nervous. She is under a year old and hate to see her hurting. Right now only left leg is bad, so we are hoping the other leg may not need to be done. Good luck with the second surgery.

Back