• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavaliers eating their own hair

quinnk

Hi Everyone

Can anybody advise me as My 9 month Cavalier (Raffa) is eating the hair he sheds Does anyone elses Cavs do this???

Molly does this when I'm grooming her. I just have to keep the hair away from her so she doesn't get to it.

I have no suggestions as to how to stop Raffa doing this, other than to keep the floor clean of hair (virtually impossible with cavaliers :lol:) - sorry.

Teddy possibly eats some, but definitely chews. If I'm grooming the others, and he gets chance, he grabs ballls of hair and takes them off to chew.

indy will search for tumbleweeds and eat them when he finds them. he loves them as much as his treats (and chewing gum and other naughty things) so you are definately not alone.

the only thing to do is just pick them up when i find them and get them out of his mouth when i don't find them in time! :roll:

k

Part of my stable diet is cavalier hair, I eat sleep and breath it ! My dogs also love to their own hair when I am grooming them.

I would not worry too much I don't think it will do much harm providing its not in mass quantity. You do mean off the floor don't you ?? Not pulling out the hair to eat it ?

If it is the latter then I would be concerned.

Yes he eats his hair off the rug on the floor, I thought maybe he was lacking something from his diet as I only give him boiled chicken with his kibble-Thanks for you replies I think this website is fab.

Back