Thread: pumpkin

Post Thanks / Like

Default pumpkin

hello everyone...

i remember reading on here at some point about putting a little pumpkin in with your dog's food.... i have a can of pure pumpkin in my pantry and i just wanted to make sure this was ok for them...

also are there any health benefits to feeding them pumpkin or does it just taste good for them??

thanks.
    Jill and maxwell (max)- cavalier; and woodrow (woody)-brittany

Post Thanks / Like

every day i read someone on cavaliertalk saying they give their dog pumpkin. I've often heard it recommended as helpful with either diarrhea or constipation. I tried it when i first got zack and he had a lot of bloody diarrhea. At first he seemed to like it but then he didn't, and refused to eat it. I didn't see any effect on the diarrhea, but lots of people have reported seeing a good effect. You're right to give the pure pumpkin--the advice i got was always to give the plain pumpkin, not the sweetened pie filling.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently started feeding Bentley about a teaspoon of pure canned pumpkin daily, he had a bout of loose stools and the canned pumpkin firmed up his stools right away. I hear it is also used to help with constipation too, so it seems that pumpkin is very beneficial.
    ~Renee, Bailey & Maddie, and RIP my beloved Bentley.

Post Thanks / Like

what a coincidence.

I gave Nemo some leftover mash pumpkin (real stuff, not canned) last night and he gobbled it up like there was no tomorrow.