• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Feel a bit nervous!

emmawright

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to put a little message on, because on thursday i am going to Tavistock market to see if i can sell some of the things i make from my website (www.woofwoofcoats.co.uk) and i feel quite nervous! I just need a bit more confidence in myself! I would be so chuffed if i sold lots of things! Wish me luck everyone!

:)

Emma, your things are so cute! It is hard to come by nice handmade things! You will do well! Good luck, but you don't need it! :flwr:

Does your supermodel get to go with you? :D

Good Luck!!! Your stuff is so cute and I'd recommend you bring your model with you too ... if people see how cute she is they'll imagine their own dogs might look as cute wearing your coats.

:flwr:

Best of luck - I'm sure you'll have no problems - especially if you take your gorgeous model with you :D

thanks for all the kind words!

i would love to take daisy with me but i can't as it is an indoor market!
but luckily she gets to spend all day with daddy! it is so great because my husband works from home several days a week...
quite looking forward to thursday though, will be a new adventure for me to try!

Hi Emma, best of luck on Thursday. Maybe print out some pics of doggies wearing your stuff and put them up around your stall. It always helps if people can see a range of doggies wearing the gear -then they know which size to buy instead of saying "oh!, I'll have to check and come back next week" Remember the seven P's
Proper prior planning prevents pi_ s poor performance :D

:flwr:

Your things are just beautiful!!!! I would love to be able to buy quality homemade things here in the states.

You'll be fine. Have price tags, people don't like asking a price. Don't forget to say or have a little sign up saying you custom design items if they have a design idea. Have plenty of cash on you for change. Plastic sheet if it rains, paper weights if it's windy. You'd think I'd worked on a market wouldn't you!!

Just noticed, it's an indoor market!! Forget the plastic sheet and paper weights!

Let us know how you do. :D

you can!

Just fyi for those in the States, I've just bought something from Emma over on her website, and all you need to do is have a paypal account, so it can be done! I'm not exactly a paypal expert, but I'm sure that if I can do it, everyone else can!

In any event, Emma, your coats, duvet covers, etc. are truly beautiful, and you have nothing to worry about...show 'em your stuff! I think that we all really do love hand-crafted things. I gave my mother in law, for Christmas, a hand-made bird house...she cried with happiness...because she knew that I had her in mind when I saw it even though I had to wait to give it to her for 6 months :flwr:
-Natalie :D

Thanks again for all your kind words - i am hoping it will go well, i shall let you all know how it goes!!

good luck emma!!!!!!! those are all wonderful suggestions! your things are beautiful and i think you will be a big hit! oh you absolutely must bring a model ;) when word that there is a puppy spreads round people will flock to you. that will bring people that don't have pets of their own and mightn't have looked otherwise, and they might buy things for pets that they know.

also, i don't know if this works in tavistock, but i used to do seated massage in an outdoor market. one of the group would circulate and pass out little flyers to people so that everyone would know we were around.

best of luck!
:flwr: k

Hi everyone - just to let you all know that today went really well! lots of people liked my things and i am expecting some coat orders and bean bag orders! so it was really good, going to go again in a couple of weeks time. :D

glad to hear it went well emma :D i think that markets would be such a fun thing to get involved in. you can sell your coats and just enjoy the atmosphere and the social aspect as well!

i wish i was talented and created in the sewing department do you make all the things on your website yourself?

k

Hi Kim

Yes the market was fun, and i do make all the things myself! I really enjoy making it all, and thats the main thing - to enjoy it! You can place orders through my website if you fancy anything!

Emma :D

fabulous!

So glad to hear it went well! :D I'd love to have more excuses at our local farmer's market to buy cute doggy items icon_whistling
-Natalie

Back