Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WHY????

Post Thanks / Like

ioh i could imagine how my h2b would have acted!!

Post Thanks / Like

My boys often jump on the bed, when I'm doing something in the room and very very rarely, someone has a quick spray. It's a case of being watchful and warning anyone who is sniffing about.
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.

Post Thanks / Like

he was not even snifffing he just did it!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. happened to me last night. We had been out to dinner. Came home and took Maddy out. She peed and pooped. Okay! Safe. After an hour I went to bed and took her with me.
    I pulled the duvet back and put her on the bed. Turned around to get my book and she was kinda squatting on the folded back duvet. Couldn't believe it when I saw the "liquid". Quickly cleaned it up and sprayed it with Natures Miracle. Haven't looked at in the daylight yet, but can't be great!
    Pam
    Pam
    Mummy to Miss Madeleine born 9/1/2006

Post Thanks / Like

No matter what we think or do, they ares still dogs, aren't they??

My "knee Jerk" reaction answer was that he was marking the bed - and most likely the spot where you sleep so that he could lay claim to you. But being an excited puppy can explain it too!

We have bought a new (king-sized) mattress since we've been here (that's within the past 10 years - not too old for a mattress) and you wouldn't believe the dog stains on it - everything from pee to puke to when Wallis's anal gland ruptured on it.

The cat likes to pee on one of the other beds. I finally bought some waterproof mattress covers that are a thin terry cloth w/soft plastic lining and haven't even put it on my bed yet. It is on the other bed, but I don't think that the cat has had any problems in there lately.

Good luck - hope he doesn't do it again.
    Critter -
    RIP Wallis, John Robert, Tibby & Pip
    Mom to JoJo, Roxie & Linguini (Cavaliers)
    and my birds Moji (Senegal) and Walter (Blue Front Amazon)

Post Thanks / Like

When Tucker peed on my bed I think he was in a snit. Is this possible? When he wants to go to bed, and would like me to go too, since we sleep together, he walks into the bedroom and if I don't follow he comes back to the livingroom and stands in front of my chair staring at me. Then he'll go to the bedroom again, hoping I'll follow. One night, he went through this routine, only instead of staying in bed on his 2nd trip, he sprinted right back down the hallway to the living room, and jumped in his doggy bed by the fireplace. I went in the bedroom to investigate and he'd peed on the comforter on the bed. Does that sound deliberate to anyone else?
    Mum to Tucker, born May 14, 2005

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds kind of deliberate to me! And we know that these little guys can get in their snits, too. It also sounds like he knew he had done something he shouldn't have.

Too smart for their own good sometimes, aren't they?
    Critter -
    RIP Wallis, John Robert, Tibby & Pip
    Mom to JoJo, Roxie & Linguini (Cavaliers)
    and my birds Moji (Senegal) and Walter (Blue Front Amazon)