• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ruby question?

Phoenix5281

I want to show my Ruby but she has white on her chest and was wondering if that will disqualify her or not...I will try to post a picture with this but it is my first post so who knows if I can figure it out or not. well i don't know how to do the pic thing but anyway it is not alot of white. Does anyone know about this.

Thanks,
Robin

A lot depends on how much white there is. White on a ruby is considered a fault, but all dogs have faults. It's just a matter of what faults the judge sees as more serious. Unfortunately, white is very easy to point at and say "that's a fault" vs. a fault that's a little more subjective. If she is very good in other respects, then she may have a chance at winning. Be aware, though, that you have to be able to take rejection if you're going to show, because you will lose a lot more than you will win.

I wish I could give you a more definative answer, but showing in conformation is very subjective. I will say that a big advantage to showing is that you really can meet some very nice people and none of them will tire of you talking about Cavaliers. And as you show more and people start seeing you more and more at the shows, lots of opportunities open up if you decide you want another show potential dog.

I was re-reading my post and thought I should clarify. When I said you will lose a lot more than you will win, I didn't mean you specifically. That is true for just about anyone who shows. Just ask me!!

thats well explained Bruce ....yes white on a solid wholecolour is seen as a fault

Back