• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Not the sharpest knife in the block!

Cathy T

I was cleaning out the kitchen cabinets yesterday and had stuff piled all over the floor. I stepped out of the mess and out of the room. Heard Jake making a really peculiar frustrated bark. Came back in and this is what I saw:

Stooge muffin was trapped
HPIM2070.jpg

Glad you think this is funny...now put the camera down and LET ME OUT!!!
HPIM2069.jpg

As you can see...he could very easily have jumped over. But...guess that's actually a blessing!! This is why I find it so funny and am so amazed when I hear about Cavaliers jumping over baby gates....no way...not this boy!

OMG...that is the funniest thing I have seen in a very long time. Not only could he probably have jumped over them, but he could have easily pushed those flimsy plastic containers outta the way....LOL

"Help, I've fallen and I can't get uuuuppppp!" :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Toooo funny. I bet I know just the type of weird bark, too! :lol:

Very funny Cathy. Why should he jump, when he has you to serve him? h*lp He is a King after all. :lol:

Chardonnay said:
OMG...that is the funniest thing I have seen in a very long time. Not only could he probably have jumped over them, but he could have easily pushed those flimsy plastic containers outta the way....LOL

"Help, I've fallen and I can't get uuuuppppp!" :lol:

He also could've gone under the step stool... :sl*p:

Silly Jake!!! I love the picture of his Nervous Yawn! "Oh, NO, I'll NEVER get OUT!"

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Shall I send Mary Houdini Alice over to show him how it's done?? :lol:

Wonderful photos! :flwr: :flwr:

:lol: That is so cute. I think Lucky would probably have knocked everything over like bowling pins ... !!

Aww too funny, that is just so cute, I love his frustrated little yawn.... as if to say "Mom! Come and get me!"
:lol:

Ah poor Jakey :lol:

Even trapping him in the kitchen didn't give you 5 minutes of peace Cathy!!

I'm sorry Cathy, but I would have had to torment him! I'd offer him treats to see if he could then muster up the courage to jump over that scary plasticware!! :lol: :lol:

Oh how adorable he is just patiently waiting for Mom to move all her stuff!!

That is too funny! :lol:

Ah, Jake, do you know my Murphy? He would just call for help too. These pictures are hysterical. I love the look on his face. :lol: :lol:

oh poor Jake, what a nasty Momma to shut you in the kitchen like that :(

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think Jack would do that too - Rupert would just push everything out of the way!!

Holly is another who would bark in frustration. Lady Amber would work it out though. She would either munch her way through the containers, jump over them (this girl regularly flings herself into my lap by taking a flying leap OVER the arm of the armchair. Agility, maybe..?) or she would go through the stool.

Ruby and Sydney here,

Cathy, Ruby and I have viewed the picture and read the posts from the other humans and have quite honestly been ROFL. We both discussed this issue and think it would be helpful to explain exactly the thought process that we Cavaliers have in a situation just like this one. You see, a baby gate is a challenge. We know you don't want us on the other side of that gate so we are forced to climb it to see what we are being kept away from. Now for your photo. The two little plastic bowls that were in front of Jake prove no such challenge as a baby gate would if confronted by such a heinous device. Therefore, why should I, Jake, king of the house, waste my energy getting over these mere plastic bowls when I can simply have you waste yours to come get me. And you wonder why they call us KING. Hope this brief but important glimpse into the mind of my fellow Cavaliers has helped you understand us better. And I hope you Cavaliers who are reading this aren't too upset that we have revealed a small but important aspect of our logic to a human.

Bark On!

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia :paw:

Sydney and Ruby - thank you so much for your insight in the very very deep mind of Mr. Jake. I think you are right on. Heck, I do everything else for him, why should he have to figure this out on his own when he knows that pitiful little bark will make me come running to do his bidding. I say he's not the sharpest knife in the block....maybe he has me fooled! :D

Back