Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: has anyone

Post Thanks / Like

Default has anyone

had any bad experiences once their females are spayed?? or during the operation??

Post Thanks / Like

No, they have all been fine, during and after. And the recovery for them seems very quick. Is your girl going to be spayed soon?
    Molly and Murphy (tri), Katie (ruby), Casey (B/T),Spike the wonder pup (tri), Suzie (tri) and Penny (blen)

Post Thanks / Like

yes next friday... worried how stressed she'll get with the protector around her head to... she has to keep it on for 10 days.. worried about the anaestetic to....

Post Thanks / Like

On the whole they recover very quickly from the op. We've had many many rescue girls speyed ( must be hundreds by now actually) Most where up & about the same day. Only a couple have needed the "buckets" on their heads.

The younger they are the quicker they recover . In a couple of weeks you'll have forgotten she had anything done

My girls were much much happier once speyed , before hand it was a constant cycle of seasons , phantom pregnancy & depression

We've had a couple of unpleasent experiences due to a very bad vet ! But nothing really disasterous

Post Thanks / Like

i thought all needed the buckets??

Post Thanks / Like

I had a girl c/s spay on November 20th 2006--- that was a major surgery with motherhood at the end. She only needed pain relief for a day
    I had a girl spay 2/9/07-- she just got her stitches out today--- NEITHER needed the e-collar-- both came through the surgeries wonderfully. I gave her pain relief for 3 days.

Post Thanks / Like

No problems here. Shelby bounced back in less than 24 hours.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Alot of them don't go near the stitches at all. We have also used a baby onesie to cover the stitches instead of the head collar.
    Molly and Murphy (tri), Katie (ruby), Casey (B/T),Spike the wonder pup (tri), Suzie (tri) and Penny (blen)

Post Thanks / Like

Ruby here,

I had my surgery several weeks ago and the support from everyone on this site was phenomenal. Just like you, I was really nervous about everything but you needn't worry. It will all go fine. My stitches were internal, I didn't need to wear a collar, and I was bouncing all around the room and playing with Sydney the very day I came home. It was like I didn't even have surgery. Of course this drove Mom crazy trying to keep me still and quiet, but I didn't need to. Of course, they gave me pain medicine, but I felt fine and I'm sure you will do fine too. Have faith in your vet and you'll come out wonderfully.

Ruby in Virginia

Post Thanks / Like

I would not worry about the collar unless she is chewing at her stitches. I have only needed to use it on our males, never our females.
    Linda Byerline, President
    MLB Industries, Inc
    www.happyheinys.com