• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

has anyone

No, they have all been fine, during and after. And the recovery for them seems very quick. Is your girl going to be spayed soon?

yes next friday... worried how stressed she'll get with the protector around her head to... :( she has to keep it on for 10 days.. worried about the anaestetic to.... :(

On the whole they recover very quickly from the op. We've had many many rescue girls speyed ( must be hundreds by now actually) Most where up & about the same day. Only a couple have needed the "buckets" on their heads.

The younger they are the quicker they recover . In a couple of weeks you'll have forgotten she had anything done

My girls were much much happier once speyed , before hand it was a constant cycle of seasons , phantom pregnancy & depression

We've had a couple of unpleasent experiences due to a very bad vet ! But nothing really disasterous

I had a girl c/s spay on November 20th 2006--- that was a major surgery with motherhood at the end. She only needed pain relief for a day
I had a girl spay 2/9/07-- she just got her stitches out today--- NEITHER needed the e-collar-- both came through the surgeries wonderfully. I gave her pain relief for 3 days.

Alot of them don't go near the stitches at all. We have also used a baby onesie to cover the stitches instead of the head collar.

Ruby here,

I had my surgery several weeks ago and the support from everyone on this site was phenomenal. Just like you, I was really nervous about everything but you needn't worry. It will all go fine. My stitches were internal, I didn't need to wear a collar, and I was bouncing all around the room and playing with Sydney the very day I came home. It was like I didn't even have surgery. Of course this drove Mom crazy trying to keep me still and quiet, but I didn't need to. Of course, they gave me pain medicine, but I felt fine and I'm sure you will do fine too. Have faith in your vet and you'll come out wonderfully.

Ruby in Virginia :paw:

I would not worry about the collar unless she is chewing at her stitches. I have only needed to use it on our males, never our females.

I've never used an ecollar and you certainly won;t need one for 10 days! Lily was only interested in her stitches for about one-two days and I had her in a one piece babygrow/onesie with a hole cut for her tail. That's what I use on my spays/neuters. Usually they don't need it after 2-3 days. Some will try to pick at their stitches and a babygrow is usually enough to stop that.

Thanks so much. The vet said i'd need to use one but she didnt say for how long only that i had to pay a deposit & i'd get it back once i took lily to have her stiches took out... i'll maybe try & leave it for 2-3 days then remove the collar & watch her. I cant imagine her been able to sleep with one of those on at all.....

Scout had her spaying back in October '06. When she came home she acted as if nothing had happened to her at all. It was difficult to keep her quite. No E-collar or pain medicine. She had stitches that had to be removed within 10 days. She only looked at them once or twice. Within the first two hours that she was home, she jumped up on the bed :yikes . I thought I was going to pass out. Fortunatley she was fine, but I did keep a much closer eye on her. I didn't think she would try that, but....

I've had three female dogs that I have been responsible for and they have all been spayed. All three made it through without any fanfare and recovered very quickly. Not to worry.

Back