Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: has anyone

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've never used an ecollar and you certainly won;t need one for 10 days! Lily was only interested in her stitches for about one-two days and I had her in a one piece babygrow/onesie with a hole cut for her tail. That's what I use on my spays/neuters. Usually they don't need it after 2-3 days. Some will try to pick at their stitches and a babygrow is usually enough to stop that.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much. The vet said i'd need to use one but she didnt say for how long only that i had to pay a deposit & i'd get it back once i took lily to have her stiches took out... i'll maybe try & leave it for 2-3 days then remove the collar & watch her. I cant imagine her been able to sleep with one of those on at all.....

Post Thanks / Like

Scout had her spaying back in October '06. When she came home she acted as if nothing had happened to her at all. It was difficult to keep her quite. No E-collar or pain medicine. She had stitches that had to be removed within 10 days. She only looked at them once or twice. Within the first two hours that she was home, she jumped up on the bed . I thought I was going to pass out. Fortunatley she was fine, but I did keep a much closer eye on her. I didn't think she would try that, but....

I've had three female dogs that I have been responsible for and they have all been spayed. All three made it through without any fanfare and recovered very quickly. Not to worry.
    Sharon, proud Mom of Scout (tri) and Breeze (Newfie)