Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Really Stupid Question - Poop Disposal!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mine isn't air tight either! But when the top is closed, you really can't smell anything.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

I use pink scented poopy bags ( ) that have handles which I tie up and throw out in the "wet waste" disposal pin. It's a green bin given to each home by the city that all the wet garbage goes into. It seals tightly to prevent raccoons from making a mess. It's pretty convenient for the doggie poop and there isn't an odor.

Post Thanks / Like

In the winter it's a lot easier for sure. We use a small plastic trash bag and tie a knot at the top. Then it goes in the regular city trash can in our garage. We haven't noticed that the smell is a problem as long as we tie a good knot in the bag before it goes in the trash.
    Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

Down the park, it gets picked up in a plastic Tesco bag, knotted and placed in the park dogbin.

At home, it goes in a knotted plastic bag the outside wheelie rubbish bin. I once put it in the recyling bin by mistake - oops!

I cant believe some of you flush it down the loo! ewww!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks very much to everyone for all the great advice - it's appreciated! Star is 12 weeks old today and so she has only been in our yard so far. Our closest park is over a mile away, so it will be awhile before she can walk there. No other garage cans before then, just houses and yards. But that will be a great walk when she is older (and I need it more than her!).
    Barb, activity director for Star (tri-color girl) and Ruby (Blenheim girl)