• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bully sticks

Jen

So I broke down and bought the dogs bully sticks and everyone is right, they went NUTS for them! I was always leary as I'm not crazy about what they actually are, but now I look at it as recycling...that helps. :roll:

For the US members, do you order online? If so, where? We buy ours at a local petstore, but they seem very expensive.

They ARE very expensive, go on ebay to get the best prices, there is a nice lady Janet something in PA who I buy from a lot.

I order bully sticks from [/url]http://kninekountry.com/ It's a great company with nice pe...at way, and my dogs go through a ton of them!

Jen said:
.... I was always leary as I'm not crazy about what they actually are, but now I look at it as recycling...that helps. :roll:

:rotfl: good one. ..

For the US members, do you order online? If so, where? We buy ours at a local petstore, but they seem very expensive.

I used to get them from a bulk bin at the pet store. when Zack was little and i got him his first one, i got him a large size because that's what he was playing with where i got him, the day i brought him home. he loved his bully stick so, and it never got smaller. he's not that powerful of a chewer. It didn't get used up. but it got lots of use. So the price didn't matter. I did get some more, different sizes, mainly i got more beccause they could get lost some times.
:sl*p:

i don't remember what they cost. the one thing that contributed to my stopping giving them to him was, i started getting some that smelled bad, and i was told it's a matter of luck, some smell bad , some don't . when they do smell bad, they are REALLY bad, and puppy smells just like them.
but i also stopped so that zack would become more interested in his food.

399049334_501b12afa1_m.jpg

..... and another nice product that KnineKountry has are duck and chicken breast strips. They are dried strips of real poultry. They come in a nice canister and my dogs all go crazy for them.

.... and I see my link thingee didn't work... I'll try again:

http://kninekountry.com/

FYI: bullysticks.com and kninekountry are the same company.

I just checked the bullysticksonline pricing and it is good! I'm going to order from them next time. Thanks for posting that link!

I got a box of 100 from bullysticksonline last summer and we still have about 25. Spencer loves then and they don't smell at all like the ones I got from the pet store. They also arrived only a few days after I placed the order.

Wow, this thread is turning out to be BullyStick Central! I'm going to put it into my favorites list! :thnku:

We've been buying bully sticks from Pet Supplies Plus, and it's breaking the bank.

Thanks for the great tips. I'm going with bullysticksonline--good prices and odor free! We'll see...

I know its been said before, and I may have subconciously chosen not to remember what they really are.....so dare I ask....What are they made of again?

Estee ... are you ready??? ....

They are bull penises :yikes

Those are some seriously cheap online prices ...

I thought it had something to do with that region! YUCK!!!
And I hate to say this, but sometimes I hold it for Ginger so she can really get at it....and then my hand stinks. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Cathy Moon said:
:lol: They are what makes a bull a bull! :badgrin:

Cathy: that is the best description I have ever heard. I know I'll be using that one! LOL.

Barb Mazz... and anybody else who buys the strips of freeze dried chicken treats for their dogs: Costco has them the cheapest I found:

2.5 lb. bag is $12 (made from 10 lbs. of chicken). My crew loves them. The brand name is Wagging Train brand Jerky Tenders.

That is a fantastic price. I buy a similar product and I was excited when I found it for $24 last week for 2 pounds of Chicken Jerky (made from 8# Chicken), because I had been paying $28 for a different vendor's product.

Back