Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Does Your Cavalier React to Thunder, other loud sounds

Post Thanks / Like

Hi All!
    Sofee doesn't really get scared at anything. She may stop in her tracks and stare at something if it fell off the table or happened behind her, but the vacuum, trains, planes, hairdryer, carper cleaner don't phase her at all. When the door bell rings she gets very excited and runs to the door. We live in a 6 unit condo, with one front foyer, so when the other units 'buzz' in a visitor, she waits at our door thinking they are coming to see her. As you know, it's all about HER!!!
    We just got back from two days on vacation in Newport RI and she did fantastic (we gave her an A+++ for a 6 month old!).
    Went in stores (dog stores and regular stores) and B & B's and motels without any problems. They are very dog friendly there. Here are a few pix of us and Sofee Marie, we had a blast!

At Sakonnet Vineyards

At The B & B - queen of the hill

On the Cliff Walk
    Momay - Mum to Sofee Marie - 23 month old Tri

Post Thanks / Like

awwwwww she's growing up, my gosh, she's adorable. Those are great pictures. Were people stopping you in Newport asking you about Sofee? How was the weekend? I've long wanted to do a mansion tour and stay in a B&B and I've never gotten around to it. Is it quiet this time of year? That looks like a really nice place you stayed in. Great to see pictures of you both along with Sofee and I love her little boots.
    Mum to Tucker, born May 14, 2005

Post Thanks / Like

Wallis learned to be afraid of thunder from my first shihtzu, who was terrified of storms. When/if we have those storms here I just automatically put everybody in my bed and crawl in with them. Easier than trying to sit in a chair with three dogs!

Soffee looks picture perfect sitting on the pillows in the middle of that bed! Looks like a great place to visit.
    Critter -
    RIP Wallis, John Robert, Tibby & Pip
    Mom to JoJo, Roxie & Linguini (Cavaliers)
    and my birds Moji (Senegal) and Walter (Blue Front Amazon)

Post Thanks / Like

Momay, I love your pictures, and yep, sophie looks like she is meant to be on that bed.

I had forgotten all about Toby the TV dog killer. He stands on his back legs, which he does a LOT, seems to think he is a byped, and he growls and barks like crazy at the dogs and other animals on tv.
    Incredibly proud mom to Toby, my baby, and the amazing 8 year old Max who has found his forever home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My Sophie is the same as well, they are fearless little darlings
    Regards

Sharon (Sophie's Mother)
    In Sunny Australia

Post Thanks / Like

Ariel is completely oblivious to thunder. I am so glad as our other dog is thunder phobic. Not terribly so, he paces and looks stressed til he can hide in the bathroom.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I messed up the spelling of Sophie's name so badly. Can I claim a mental pause moment for that?
    Critter -
    RIP Wallis, John Robert, Tibby & Pip
    Mom to JoJo, Roxie & Linguini (Cavaliers)
    and my birds Moji (Senegal) and Walter (Blue Front Amazon)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon 7
    My Sophie is the same as well, they are fearless little darlings
    I have to laugh , having said the above, we had a doozy of a storm here tonight, and Sophie ran in from outside, as to say "what the?". Our lights went out , and she started to shake for the first time ever (to do with a storm).

She is asleep now, but she was so scared.
    Regards

Sharon (Sophie's Mother)
    In Sunny Australia

Post Thanks / Like

monty is a bit of a "wannabe-tough guy"

some loud noises, he will bark non-stop at - i.e. doorbells, fireworks, etc.

however, once the noise has a face (like a vacuum cleaner), he turns into a big chicken & prefers to be in a different room than the source of the noise

Post Thanks / Like

Have just discovered Harvey is also frightened of the smoke alarm. Have just burnt hubbies dinner and caused the smoke alarm to activate. Harvey is now on my sons lap shivering whilst my son of 11 is finding it difficult to breath with 15.5 kgs on his lap!!
    Yvonne

Mum to Harvey (blenheim) & Alfie (tri)xx