• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Name game

moniechris

I am trying to figure out what Zoey's AKC registered name should be. I want it to be spunky and fun, just like her personality. "Zoey" means life, and she is our only girl. Any suggestions?? :D :D

She only asks that with her show potentials that she co-owns. Zoey is a companion baby only. Fine with me!

Wallis got her name because the breeder wanted to register the litter with the Cavalier club and wanted them to all have "W" names. (Cavaliers weren't AKC at the time.) We went through Wendy, Winnie, Wanda, etc. and I finally decided that I liked Wallis because I've read a lot about Wallis Simpson. Of course I knew that a "registered" name doesn't have to be what you call them, but I stuck with it - and I thought it kind of fit in with her heritage from England. I never registered her personally; have never registered any of our dogs because we never planned to breed.

Basically what I'm saying is you're on your own, kiddo!!

(I think when I was a teenager and we had a tiny toy poodle she was registered as La Petite Panphilla Ma Belle Michelle - we called her Pan.)

Good luck!

My little sister (20) has a shih tzu named Zana (like Zanadou..my sister has "TOO much fun...") All the 'Z's made me think...Zany Zoey of Zanadou

I have to decide the same thing with Wesley. Fortunately my neighborhood and or street have good names, so I might do something like "****'s Walk at Longmeadow Wesley"

The **** is the breeder's kennel name, which she does want first on all AKC registered names, and I'm more than happy to use it.

Words are fun for me and sometimes I collect them like one would seashells or pretty stones. I went to the dictionery for this one just to be sure ('cause I don't want to sound condescending or uppity) -

"Zanadu" is correctly spelled "Xanadu" and means a large, luxurious estate.

BUT, we can always take artistic license and spell it however we want for our own purposes!! icon_whistling

(I don't want to step on any toes!)

Back