• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Kodee's New Littermate!

OOOH a whole discussion and I missed it!!

Miss Kodee is looking very cute with her green shake to death dog. :) We have a shake to death dog (different kind) and so far it's only sustained a hole in his rear end. I consider it to be lucky, LOL :p

Kodee is sure a beautiful little thing. She captured my heart. :) It was so nice to meet you on Saturday Debbie. Faith will do anything for cookies, LOL. ;) Leave it is going to be a really hard command for her I can already see that.

OK as for the discussions ~ Kosmo is in a class at 10AM with 10 dogs in total. There are 5 labs, 1 golden doodle, 1 beagle, 1 schnauzer (barky I call him), 1 small little teacup something mix, and then Kosmo. So 4 on the smaller side and 6 on the bigger side. This is an advanced class where we play a lot of games and there isn't too much learning outside of preparing for your CGC and TDI tests which are more of a review so this class is more a "fun" thing. That's the reason for so many dogs. I think they top out around 6 in beginner/puppy and intermediate. As far as Kosmo's class goes - it's LOUD@! The labs are always barking at each other and causing trouble. I don't mind the noise because I think it makes Kosmo more sociable and less scared. When I first took him to class if he heard another dog bark he would FREAK out and run under the chair. Now he looks at me like "PLEASE, make them SHUT UP!" lol

Faith's class has 5 puppies in it. It's a lot smaller and quieter but I think it's because there's a lot less dogs in it. There are a LOT of distractions from customers and passerbys plus we do a lot of "work" in the store. I personally have to say that I like this set up. Not because it's the most easy for me, but it teaches Faith and Kosmo to focus on me and ignore the distractions. This is particularly useful for situations where we're not in class and we're out and about. Also, the point of class is just to teach you what to do. Stuff is worked on in class, but it's important to go over those things taught in class throughout the week several times on your own to make sure they get it. Faith would have never learned to lay down just in our "class time" I had to work on it quite a few different times and even still I can't get her to do it without treats, lol. :p

Linda -

That's such a funny story about Darby. He's such a character. :) I think I would have paid money to watch Darby spit out a treat (he is just like Faith who would never spit out anything even if her life depended on it!) :yikes :flwr:

Debbie - I still want you to consider coming to class with me and faith for intermediate providing thigns work out. :p If you want you can even meet me at my house and i can take you from taunton and salem to petsmart in pickering. ;) What do you think?! 2 cavaliers nad 2 people that know each other and can work together during the week! :flwr: ;)

arasara said:
OOOH a whole discussion and I missed it!!
Well get on the ball girl! People are talking about you, werent your ears burning?

Actually, Linda and I were discussing in a Private Message - how at certain times in training a store environment helps to get you to the next level. I mean that is what it is all about, they get distracted but know to respect what you ask.

As for Kodee - I am hoping since your puppy classes are longer (10) and mine is just 4 wks (longer times) that I can squeeze in another longer puppy class or beginner to bring her up to speed before you and Faith move on to the next level. Email me the dates and I will see what I can dig up to fit! Just be prepared for me to say "what?" alot when I dont hear!!

PamH said:
Gorgeous pics. Where did you get the stuffee?
Pam
Petsmart. but the tricky little store had a $5.50 sign over it but when I got to the counter IT WAS SO NOT!

Ohhhh Kodee is such a doll!! Mia has the same stuffed dog--he used to sleep with her, but she kicked him out of her crate once she got bigger and older. Now she just drags and shakes him...poor little guy!

Thanks for the cute pics!

Kodee said:
PamH said:
Pam
Petsmart. but the tricky little store had a $5.50 sign over it but when I got to the counter IT WAS SO NOT!

I just wanted you to know that I went to Petsmart and got the stuffee for Maddy. It was an after-spay gift. She loves it! I also bought her a toy box and put all her toys in it, including the blue dog. Or mint green, whatever color you think it is. Hubby and I can't agree on it.
She keeps going and jumping in the toy box and getting it out. She loves to hump that thing! And bite it and growl at it. It's is the best fun. Thank you so much for posting the pic of it.
Pam

I just get such a kick out of these pictures every time I see them. Out of the number of times this topic has been view, I've probably viewed 50 of them!! I love the one of her "making up" with her toy. What a cutie!!

PamH said:
Kodee said:
PamH said:
Pam

I just wanted you to know that I went to Petsmart and got the stuffee for Maddy. It was an after-spay gift. She loves it! I also bought her a toy box and put all her toys in it, including the blue dog. Or mint green, whatever color you think it is. Hubby and I can't agree on it.
She keeps going and jumping in the toy box and getting it out. She loves to hump that thing! And bite it and growl at it. It's is the best fun. Thank you so much for posting the pic of it.
Pam
Ah she deserved after her surgery! And I am amazed it still gets played with a good 75% of the day. Other new toys are hot for a day, but this one is played with numerous times a day. OK my vote for colour - I'd say mint!

KingstonsMom said:
Kodee is such a handsome little guy! His white coat is so bright. What kind of shampoo do you use?
Ah unfortunately, I can not take any credit other than owning a good camera! Kodee has only been here a mth and I havent bathed her yet (I heard from the breeder she was the biggest pain too in that department ha!). I am not looking forward to that :yikes But her time is coming as my husband says she needs it! :grnyuk:

Oh by the way - just love your new avatar!

Back