• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Maddy being spayed on Wednesday

PamH

Unfortunately I will be in NH. Hubby is taking her in. He is very upset with me. He remembers taking our yorkie for surgery and remembers that Winston would not talk to him for weeks.
The doc said no food after 8pm on Tuesday. No water Wednesday morning. He has not given us any further instructions but will prior to surgery.
Any special tips?
I am a nervous wreck worrying about it.
Pam

hi pam!

we'll be thinking of you all on wednesday! i'm making the appt tomorrow to neuter indy so i understand the nervousness! i'm sorry that you will be away. that's nervewracking.

i'm sure that maddy will be just fine :flwr:

i try to distract myself by reading something light that keeps my attention....harry potter is a good one. or watching trashy tv. good for keeping your mind off worrying.

the others will have great aftercare advice for you i'm sure :D

k

Sleep & TLC is the best healer of all. She will be groggy & may seem a little down after the surgery. People often don't know that anaesthetics can cause a little depression for a few days in both humans & other animals. She'll be fine, but I can totally empathise with how you are feeling. :flwr:

Maddy is being spayed already? Good grief. That went fast...

How difficult or easy it will be afterwards very much depends on the nature of your pup. You will be told to keep her quiet- no jumping, no stairs, and minimal walks for the first week. With Holly this was a breeze. She was happy to snuggle in her basket and look reproachfully at me. Amber too was easy enough for the first two days because she was groggy and then uncomfortable. Day Three, though, saw the Return of the Trouble Pup... and I needed to use the x pen as an x pen and not a stair gate.

When our lab was done she was fine. Two of the stitches came loose a few days later, but the vet said it was ok and she was fine. Like many dogs she was really groggy when she came home and not interested in food. But the next day she was her old self. In fact she probably popped a stitch from playing too much. On hindsight when Kodee is done, I will attempt to keep her a little quieter longer.

I feel for your husband! Kodee had her shots this wk and being the baby I am I left the room. My intention was when she cried, I would come back in and fuss over her, so her dad and the vet would be the bad guys! Darn didnt get my chance to be the saviour, as she was busy eating a cookie and didnt even notice the shot! But seriously, its hard to be the one there and I can see how for you it will be hard too. I'm sure all will be fine!

Tucker and I wish Maddy a speedy recovery. Pam, they bounce back quick. It will be harder on you. :hug:

Back