• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Chicago IKC Dog Show

My Wesley

Well, I just got back a short time ago from the dog show out here. It was SO much fun! I took my 5 year old son and he had a blast! It was fun seeing all the Cavaliers doing their thing. And one wonderful breeder, who I've heard of before in my search, let me babysit a 6 month old tricolor that he had there and showed. It was too fun! I'm now 100% set on having two Cavaliers! It was so great to see how they all interacted with eachother. What sweeties!

We also saw a 235lb English Mastiff! That's TWO of me! His head was insanely huge! I have pics on my cell phone that I'm going to try to post on here.

And it was so much fun going to all the booths. Wesley made out with some new toys, bully sticks, etc. YAY!

I'm SO going to more dog shows in the future!

That's one of the biggest in the country so you went to a good one. Was Sandy there? My friend Pat's puppy went winner's bitch Saturday, which was so thrilling for her, especially since she's been very ill.
And she was a B/T which is all the more challenging usually!

Nope, I stayed home and enjoyed the snow :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: . I heard Sues Sevenwoods Extravaganza (Homerbrent Esquire x Homerbrent Zoey) won Winners Bitch two days-- that is my Dickens half sister -- and I have her aunt Emma-LOL.

I really don't like McCormick Place for a dog show-- It is such a huge place. Benched shows are such a pain too. Very stressful on the dogs.

Sue Shidler right? I was there with her girl. She's so cute! It was Fred Becker that was showing her and his little 6 month old tri boy, Domino that I got to play with. So much fun!

Yep, that is the Sue.-lol..
There aren't many people nicer than Fred Becker. Some people are absolutely rotten losers (or winners actually)..

I know! He was so wonderful! My son and I were the first to be sitting around the Cavalier pen on the side that the show dogs come in on. Fred was walking by us and I was drooling over Domino. He's like, "Here. You want to take care of him?" SURE!!!! He was so cute and did so good when it was his turn to show! Fred is a wonderful person.

My Wesley said:
I know! He was so wonderful! My son and I were the first to be sitting around the Cavalier pen on the side that the show dogs come in on. Fred was walking by us and I was drooling over Domino. He's like, "Here. You want to take care of him?" SURE!!!! He was so cute and did so good when it was his turn to show! Fred is a wonderful person.

Well, my Chicago sources tell me that DOMINO went winners dog today at the Chicago show!!! Way to go Fred.
And I can't forget -- one of my favorite ruby boys Emil (Campanards Mr Sweden) went Best of Breed for the second day in a row.

That's great! Domino was such a cute little boy! I was telling Fred that if all the sudden he couldn't find me or Domino, that we'd be gone at my house! :) Way to go Domino!

Back