• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

so why am I up so late on a Sunday night

debjen

some little no good dog peed on my bed just before I was to get in it...some little no good dog who had multiple opportunities to go outside this evening..I think someone is losing bed priviliges for awhile..certainly at least to I cool off...I purposely didn't change the bed this weekend as I have a bad back that is acting up and bending over the bed to change the sheets makes it act up...so here I sit doing 2 loads of laundry and sitting on some ice to calm my back down...arggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh I've been there! Sometimes it is better to make sure housetraining is absolutely reliable befiore dogs sleep in beds as they have many, to THEM, good reasons for peeing in it. :lol:

One of the worst nights I had was coming back from a party at 2 am, taking dogs for a quick wlk before bedtime, by now it is 2:30am, and suddenly I realised no sign of Jaspar or Leo. Called them and they came running from the front hall :yikes where it turns out the door had not closed entirely and they'd gone out the front. Of course no traffic at that point of the wee hours but still (I always close the door and double check now!).

However... in the 30 seconds he'd been outside Jaspar found a pool of someone's vomit and.... ROLLED in it. I only noticed he'd come back in oddly damp... then realised oddly smelly... then realised what the smell was. :yuk: :yuk:

So having faced both the pee and the barf situation at bedtime, I would MUCH rather wash bedlinen then have to wash vomit off a dog (someone ELSE'S vomit! :yuk: ) at going on 3am, then blowdry etc so I can avoid having a wet dog in bed. :lol: Needless to say this all took extra long as I shampoo'd him three times!!

Several years ago I rescued a golden/lab mix. He was such a soft guy and he and Mollie got along very well with few exceptions. One exception was who got the head of the bed. Mollie would be quick up on the bed and settled at the top and Chance would be lower on the bed. Every night he would make this huge lunge, streamline his body and end up on his side, between Mollie and I, grinning up at me. This went on with Mollie not making any noticable comments..until..one day I was on a brief errand, came back and went into the bedroom and "someone" had peed on the bed-the head of the bed..dog side. I tossed both critters outside,opened the windows so they could hear me rant n'rave, and hauled bedding to the basement.I bet I fussed loudly for an hour-I was ticked. It didn't happen again-the nitely position jockeying went on. I did not make a point with them-the peeing had established something. They did hear loudly for a week-"no potty in My house". Think they shrugged my comments off-made me feel better, tho' icon_whistling

Oh you deserve a hug. What a rotten night but you know they always do something so cute all will be forgiven in a day or so. Poor you!

God i cant remember the amount of times Lady has done, that, once i remeber getting into bed and lying on something wet, you can guess what it was :yikes, she never done it on my kids beds though just mine.

Sarah Xxx

Ugh. Can totally relate. That is so darn frustrating!!!

A comparison story to make you feel better:

The other night, my DH was out and I stayed home to watch some chick flicks and enjoy some wine. I had just washed my favorite college sweatshirt and it was still warm from the dryer. Cody was being really affectionate...I mean super needy and snuggly. He leaned up against my side and put his head on my chest and I hear "bleeuuuuuurp.". He puked ALL OVER my arm, my lap, my chest.... :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: I just looked at him like "are you kidding me??!"
The poor little guy :( I couldn't yell at him because I felt so bad for him and he just gave me these sad eyes that said "I'm so sorry mommy, but I need you" The sweatshirt went back in the washer, and I spent my evening babying him. :roll:

I think it happens to all of us at some time or another - especially when they are younger (although Wallis seems to have a bit of leakage due to her age).

When we were still in KY we lived in what is called a split foyer house there. They are called different things in different places. You walk in the front door to a small foyer and either have to go upstairs or downstairs to the living areas. Erin had the downstairs to herself and we usually put a baby gate at the foot of the stairs to keep out unwanted visitors.

I don't know how many times she came home to find the baby gate half down and our shihtzu down there. And of course she would always pee on Erin's bed. I think she was getting back at her for going out and having fun!

My bed has had its share of pee, bloody vomit, ruptured anal gland (lots of blood). NOW I have a waterproof sheet for it - like closing the barn door after the horses are already out! icon_whistling

Back