Thread: Nutro Choice Kibble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nutro Choice Kibble

What do you think about puppy Lamb & Rice NUTRO CHOICE kibble??

Any of you have tried it?
    Laura Lia Maia

Post Thanks / Like

It's OK, but not the best available. However, the Nutro Natural Choice ULTRA (if you can find it in your area) is terrific! It's a completely different food from the regular Nutro line - holistic, salmon, lamb & chicken meals, whole brown rice, veggies, fruits, flaxseed, etc. It is listed on the WDJ's "recommended" list. Their website is here: http://www.ultraholistic.com/index.html

There are lots of wonderful foods out there, and I'm sure others will chime in with their advice - I highly recommend selecting a food from the Whole Dog Journal's List of approved/recommended diets.

Darby used to receive a 100% raw diet in the AM, and Nutro Ultra kibble in the PM (with salmon oil & Solid Gold Seameal in both). Unfortunately, I had to take Darby off of her raw diet a couple of weeks ago, because we are staring therapy work at a local hospital, and they don't allow dogs on raw diets, due to an increased pathogen risk to immunocompromised people... bummer, but completely understandable.

So, I currently am feeding a 50/50 mix of Nutro Ultra Adult & Merrick Wilderness Blend kibble with the Salmon Oil & SeaMeal (both WDJ foods).

Hope this helps!

I'm sure you'll get lots of other great recommendations soon!

Post Thanks / Like

many thanks!!!

Great advice!!
    Laura Lia Maia