• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Getting our 2nd Cavalier tonight!

My Wesley

Well..... after much discussion of a third child or a 2nd Cavalier, we've decided that right now getting a Cavalier will be best for us. My husband seems adament on no third child, so Wesley will get a buddy. I don't want to get into the whole long drawn out version. But anyway, there is a family out here with a 2 yr old female tricolor that is spayed and looking to place her. We're going to meet her tonight, and if all is well, she's coming home with us! Her name is Daisy and she's such a cutie. We're going to have an agreement though that if for some reason she doesn't work out in the first week, then they want her back. ie... the dogs not getting along, etc. But that's more than ok with me because I'm sure she'll be fine. I put some pictures of Daisy up. She has a longer snout than normal I think, but what a cutie! She's also used to being around a young baby, so that's perfect with the kids. How exciting!

daisy1.jpg

daisy2.jpg

daisy3.jpg

daisy5.jpg

daisy6.jpg

daisy7.jpg

daisy8.jpg

daisy9.jpg

Oh she is just lovely!!! Congratulations!!!!!

She does have a longer snout, she looks like my Wesley!!! ;) She is beautiful, how wonderful that worked out. The timing is perfect :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

She looks lovely, please dont expect too much in a week. When I got Alfie Harvey sulked for about a week and a half, then ignored him for a further week and I thought they would never like each other. 2 months down the line they are inseperable. Good luck for tonight.

She is just beautiful! Congrats on getting a buddy for Wesley. She looks like she will fit in perfectly with your family! Good luck tonight!!!!! :jump:

From what I recall they said she is really good with other dogs and that she's more in the submissive roll. They are the ones who set the one weel time frame. But I'm more than sure she'll be ok. Plus she'll have her own crate and toys from there so she'll have familiar items around. I'm sure she'll take some time to adjust, but we'll ease her in as well as we can.

And she's a tiny one too! They said she's about 10-11lbs. And that's what Wesley is right now at 4 1/2 months, so that will be neat. Time to order another Puppia!!!!!

Are you sure she's 2years old? Just from what you say about her size and her coat does look quite puppy like- tris often have very profuse coats, just like B/Ts. Of course, maybe she's just been extremely well stripped, but her coat does look rather like Amber's now at seven months. Feathered, but not excessively so.

congratulations she is wonderful, would of chose the 2nd dog rather than other child too haha

I'm wondering if they maybe had her groomed that way. Not sure. He said they got her from a breeder and have all her paperwork and everything. I'll look at it all tonight and check it out. Good point though on the coat. They've never said anything about her being a possible mix though. Hmm....

Oh she is loverly hope she soon feels at home when we had Sam he was as good as gold and so was Jazzie and Barney so good luck with your Daisy -----Aileen and the gang (Jazzie ---Barney---Sam)

Now that I think of it, she looks like she could be related to Sydney as in Ruby and Sydney from VA. :)

She looks like a very easy going, calm dog. My breeder's cav's (6, 4 being tri's) were split 2 having coats just as smooth and silk like Daisy and the other 2, thicker and longer. Kodee already feels like her Mom, thicker and longer but that is what a King Coat was invented for!

She looks like a very easy going, calm dog. My breeder's cav's (6, 4 being tri's) were split 2 having coats just as smooth and silk like Daisy and the other 2, thicker and longer. Kodee already feels like her Mom, thicker and longer but that is what a King Coat was invented for!

If I get another dog (hmm just maybe..) it will be an older one too. I love and I mean love training from puppy! Especially because we got our lab at 5mths and I have not experienced this before. But do to my lifestyle (ok age...) if I do get another I will be looking for a 6mth plus one that fits well.

Daisy is a very sweet adorable dog! I sure hope that she will come home iwth you tonight. She looks perfect for your family. Can't wait to hear what happens!

Back