• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Our first show

Yaron

I am still learning about showing dogs as we want to take Paddy next month for her first compettion.

What would be a good source for professional grooming tips. The professionals here don't seem to want to share their well kept secrets with others.... h*lp

Yaron
Jerusalem

What would you like to know?

There are several of us on this board that show our dogs, and we'd be happy to share our "secrets!" ;)

Since you asked, a great resource (in my opinion) for learning to show-groom a Cavalier is Barbara Garnett-Wilson's new book that just came out a couple of months ago: The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel in Fact & Fancy! It's simply marvelous, and I truly believe EVERYBODY who has an interest in these amazing dogs needs to own this book! Just the pictures alone are breathtaking, and the information is phenomenal!

http://www.laughingcavaliers.com/in-fact-and-fancy.htm

This book is wonderful -- costly, but worth it! It gives detailed notes on how to groom for show, as well as grooming for the pet owner.

Thank you for the book recommendation, I will try to buy it asap.

Last edited:
Back