• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My sweet kitty Misty

Julie S

My precious baby and childhood cat, Misty, died this morning of kidney failure. She would have been 15 next week.

Picture092.jpg

She was literally the sweetest cat ever known, though I know we're all biased about our pets. She would follow me around the house, just waiting for a chance to hop up on my lap and cuddle the second I would sit down. She was like this with everyone who walked through the door - yearning for cuddles and a warm lap to sit on.

For about 6 months or so, she had been living with my parents in the Northwest, because my DH and I couldn't have pets in our old apartment. I was planning on bringing her home to me soon again, but my mother had so completely fallen in love with her new companion (their Springer Spaniel died two years ago, and they've been incredibly lonely for a pet) that I didn't know if I could bear to take my sweet kitty away from my mother! So Misty stayed with my parents - content and receiving all the attention and pets she could ever wish for.

My Dad and I picked her out of a litter of kittens when I was a preteen. I fell in love instantly - a mild-mannered kitten with the softest, most beautiful gray fur I'd ever seen. I fell in love. I can't believe I'll never see her again.

I never thought I'd love an animal as much as much as I loved my Misty!

:( :( :( Julie, she is beautiful. So glad she had a long life and great owners like you and your parents. Take care :hug:

Julie....I am so sorry about Misty. Your story so much reminded me of my little Lhasa I just lost in January. She too lived with my Mom for the same reasons that Misty lived with your parents. My Mom was terribly attached to her too. I know how hard this is even if they didn't live with us full-time anymore. I know Misty was loved very much and will be greatly missed. *ng*l

Julie I'm so sorry about Misty. I thought I had posted my condolences under this thread before, yet I do not see them, so I may have encountered a problem and forgot to go back.

I remember your post because of Misty's beautiful picture. What a gorgeous cat. I love your tribute to her too. I know she must be horribly missed by you. She had a wonderful life and you got to share that. I'm am very sorry for your loss.

Awww, thank you. It's definitely gotten easier as time has passed, but I still things remind me of her from time to time, and ... well, I just have to stop for a moment. It's hard.

I think there must have been a glitch here somewhere because I'm sure I also posted but don't see it anymore. Misty looks so much like my KT did. I lost Sweet Pea at 13 to kidney failure and two years later KT to lymphoma. Loved both of my kitties soooo much and still miss them. Jake and Shelby have definitely helped heal my emptiness though.

Back