• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

All Black Cavaliers

Maxwell&me

O.K, So this is driving me NUTS. I know somewhere I read a peice about all black Cavaliers, and for the life of me I cant find the Info. Ive looked in my books and now Im thinking I saw something about them on a breeder website ?

Gosh, this is just driving me crazy. Do any of you know any info on them or perhaps came across the same article I did? Any info would be great, as we do now have a photo on this site showing one, and Im courious to find out any info on them.

Yes, I've seen the pics here too, I have been searching for you but can't remember the thread or who posted it. :flwr:

Hi guys

It's me it's me :D

Missy was a rescue so I do not have any information on how to purchase one.

I will say one thing she is so sweet..we wouldn't ever part with her.

Gosh, those are the two beautiful dogs I was talking about....and just so we are all clear, Im not in the market... :roll: Ive got my hands full!

I guess the reason I wanted to know more about them is becouse I remember reading something about these dogs, something about their ancestors and I cant find the darn article....I just thought it was facinating reading and wanted to share it with you special people that have these dogs.....*sigh* Im still looking but not having much luck finding it again in my dog file on my computer...I think there is one more of you also, a very well known showing gal that has one..... :flwr:

She really is CUTE....O.K. Now Im just facinated....Hopefully Karlin will pipe in on the history...Hopefully someone knows something becouse Im smitten.
( Not in the market, just smitten gals.... :D )

yea i have a friend with two beautiful black cavaliers! im not actually sure if she rescued or got them through a breeder though :? .... is it just luck if a black cav is born in a litter therefore them being rare? or do they have some other breed in them?

[quote="Nisha" is it just luck if a black cav is born in a litter therefore them being rare? or do they have some other breed in them?[/quote]

if they are purebred then its a genitic fault ( sorry )

i have seen one many years ago in a litter where 4 were black and tan and one just black and missed the tan very cute all the same :)

I know, that these rare colours do not fit the statndard. But I still find it adorable. Especially like those dark chocholate colours. This website http://www.cochrancav.com/ had sometimes pictures of B&T and tricolor chocholate cavaliers, who have deep brown instead of black. They have also brown noses and light eyes.
I am dreaming... icon_whistling

Black Cavaliers

Cooper was sired by a black/tan and his dam was ruby. He was the first born. His 3 siblings were solid rubies and non of them survived more than a few days.
I would love to see a chocolate. I didn't know they existed.

I think the all-black ones are absolutely gorgeous. That shiny, silky, fur -- yum! If there were a safe way to add a solid black to the other standard color varieties, I'd sign up for one. (In fact, I think they'd be my 2nd favorite after Blenheims!)

Blacks

I would love to add the black back in as a color. I think one of the reasons AKC decided not to recognize it anymore was because you couldn't see that "Cavalier" expression that they are so famous for.
It's a shame because there are other solid black breeds.

I've enjoyed this thread and the links immensely! Wow, two members with black cavaliers! They are lovely. :)

Nisha, if you ever have the opportunity, it would be wonderful if you could get photos of your friend's black cavaliers. :)

Nisha, if you ever have the opportunity, it would be wonderful if you could get photos of your friend's black cavaliers.

i will the next i go up and see her.....we dont live close to each other...she lives in Canberra which is about 4 hours away...and i usually only go up in the holidays....so if i do ill take some shots.........or i could get her to email me some.. :flwr:

Back