• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cage/Crate

Ha ha ha ha donna, yes i find that Harry helps mark to calm down and focus on something when he's having a really bad day.
Harry seems to sense that mark is stressed and comforts him, he can also tell when mark needs to let off steam so their daft hour starts and they are diving all over together, racing up and down the stairs and stuff!

Any excuse to add another dog to our family lol

Molly's mom, that is a great help seeing Molly in the crate, it gives a better idea of the size. Will definitely be going for the 36", because it will fit in just nice without moving anything.

There was a programme on the tv not so long ago that I wanted to watch about a child who was autistic(think he was autistic) His parents got him a puppy and it helped him tremendously. I missed the programme, wished I had seen it. Maybe the dogs can sense what the children need.

I have the cage now, got a 36". Will this size need dividing to make it smaller to start with or is it ok as it is?

Only two weeks to go now and Barney will be with us :D :D

Going to see him again on Thursday, can't wait. When I phoned up she said they were play fighting now. :D :D Will get some more piccies and put them in the puppy section.

That will be a palace-sized crate for your full grown Cav!!!! :lol: The largest crate I have is 30" and it's plenty roomy.

But yes, I would definitely use the divider that should have come with it to make a smaller, cozier space for your new pup, and for housebreaking.

Thanks Pat, but there is no divider that came with it, I will just have to make my own. Would half way be too much?

Some people just put a cardboard box in there (which I imagine works great until the pup starts to chew on it!). I would think 18 inches might be about right. Once your baby is in there you will probably see right away whether you have it the right size or not, and you can adjust if necessary.

Back