• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Coco is in heat!!!

Thanks for that casshon might have to start letting her go on puppy pads in the house but that's going to put her back in potty training.

I am thinking that too Pam, but Lily refuses to go on puppy pads. When we leave her, I put a pad down in the laundry room, and she has never used them. She will only go outside now. I am sure not looking forward to this!!!

don't worry i am sure that everything will be fine could you take a chain lead or a water bottle with a spray lid ( does that make sense) when you go outside then if god forbid another dog comes near you, you would be able to distract them would that work or not?

Thanks so much for this post My breeder also recomended to let my Ellie have a season before she is spayed She is 7 months exactly today and not in heat yet but Im expecting anyday now as her mon had hers when she was only 6 months old. Im a little worried about letting her out when she is in heat too I live in a condo area so she is never off her leash and most of the dogs I see around the area are fixed already but Im still nervous as to what kind of attraction she might provide when she is really in heat. I heard that a heat lasts about a month. Is that right? And then I have to wait about 3 months after that before getting her fixed. I share the same anxieties you all have too

I don't know if you need to go back to use puppy pads if you have a secure back garden. In that case I'm sure your garden would be OK to let her go - at least thats what he always did with ours. Just make sure you are with her at all times when she is outside as dogs can scale walls and dig into your garden to get to her.

I know it's a scary time but better safe than sorry :flwr:

Back