• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

URGENT B&T TO BE KILLED IN AM/DUNDLK

If I could I ask just 1 question not to the pound but to his owners HOW COULD YOU ?----Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney----Sam)

Really hope he gets out today i would take him in an instant poor little guy, Aileen i second that question.

Sarah Xxx

Hi Guys,

Im sorry to say i recieved a phone call from Anne and its not good news. The owner insisted he bit him and he wants him put down. The pound are going to go with his wishes and he will be put down this morning.

Im sorry to be delivering such bad news.... I was so looking forward to meeting the little fellow and bringing him to his new life.
:cry*ing:

Anne will call me if there is any change in this but it sounds like the decision has been made.

Murph.

I am so sorry to hear this. Murph, thanks for keeping us updated. It is such a shame. I am bewildered as to what would provoke a cav to bite, such a pity they won't do the test.

Yes, They are putting him down without any testing. They are taking the owners word for it, apparently if an owner requests that a dog be put down after biting then they put him down. The owner has insisted that he will not be rehomed. Anne tried very hard to get him released but to no avail.
:(

Oh my word, that is just so upsetting and appalling too. I could understand it if it was an aggressive breed of dog but never a Cavalier.

As I said earlier, I would have taken him. I just hope that the 'owner' and whoever makes the rules at the pound can live with themselves.

What goes around, comes around :(

WHAT THE HE_ _ IS THE MATTER WITH THESE PEOPLE??!!??

Some people should never own a pet. This is obviously one of them. :swear:

I am in tears reading this. I am sure there is a good reason, if this dog bit his owner. I'm sure the rest of you are thinking what I'm thinking about this horrible person as to why this poor little thing may have bitten him, if true. Is there not something that can be done for this pound to release this poor baby :cry*ing:

This story makes me sick to my stomach.

I hope Karma really comes back around to haunt these owners.

I am a firm believer in your dog will act the way you've taught it to act. If they had trained it properly in the first place and explored to see if the cause of biting was any sort of medical condition then the dog wouldn't be in this position. :( :(

This hurts my heart :( :( :( I am with you, doggydad. I guarantee there was a home out there that would have been appropriate for this dog. :( :( :(

:swear: :swear:

I am so angry and upset that this has happened. What a horrible thing to have happened. It should be the bloody owner that got PTS not the poor dog. Honestly! A Cavi with an aggressive temprament, I would never believe it, unless they did something terrible to it :swear:

:cry*ing: :cry*ing: :cry*ing:

At least they should have had to courage to take the little one to the vet themselves where he could have been checked over for a problem that may have caused him to bite. Could be something as simple as an anal gland abscess. Why subject him to the upset of the Pound if they were adamant he was to be pts?

We rescued an old boy back in November, hubby woke him up rather suddenly and got bitten on the nose for his trouble! However, when it is so out of character which it is with cavaliers, then look for a cause.

I am so saddened,

Ruth

Back