Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: URGENT B&T TO BE KILLED IN AM/DUNDLK

Post Thanks / Like

Oh thank you all the dogs sends loads of kisses Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney---Sam)
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh thank goodness. You are an
    Sharon,
    Mom to Bleinham Cavaliers Lily, 5 years old, and Alfie, 8 year old puppy mill rescue.
    At the Bridge, Chloe, Lhasa Apso.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Murph for offering to go get him -- that's an enormous help.

However sadly this dog is NOT safe.

The pound currently intends to put him down because the owners brought him in to have this be done due to his having supposedly bitten or nipped twice. We have no way of changing this -- the decision will lie with the pound -- they usually will not release dogs that are said to have bitten.

Someone will be speaking formally to the pound in the morning to see if they will allow him out on the basis that we will professionally temperament test (and we will also check for pain or other reasons he may have bitten). Let us hope they will allow this and that Murph will be able to get him out so that he can continue into foster.

*Please* do not directly contact the pound regarding this dog as this will make the situation more difficult than it currently is -- the rescuers will do the best that they can and we will know in the morning what the situation is.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

This is just HORRIBLE, and I cant believe that the pound "just takes word for it" and puts them down....How very shameful~

Hopefully the people that relinquished the dog cant get their hands on another anytime in the future....People just make me beyond sick sometimes.
    A Good Attitude is like Kudzu~ It spreads quickly and never stops growing.......

Post Thanks / Like

oh no how sad, I will be worryin all night about this poor litte un

Post Thanks / Like

Good wishes sent out to everybody involved that this little one can be tested and hopefully saved.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder why the rescue have posted asking for a foster if they refuse to allow him to go because he is alleged to have bitten.
    Fingers crossed for you little fella

Post Thanks / Like

Im so relieved someone is going to save that lil baby
    Jasmine, mommy to Ellie (tri girl), Griffin, Hunter, & Dexter (kitties)

Ellie is here!!!!

http://elliethecavalier.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

This makes me sick! While I know that biting is a problem, if I had a dime for every time my Lhasa nipped at me, I'd me a rich woman and I had her for 13 years. That tends to be the temperament of Lhasas but certainly not Cavs. If this is true, there has to be a reason, which these people obviously didn't bother to find out. I can't beleive a pound would just put this dog to sleep when there are people who will take it. I pray they will release this poor dog.
    Sharon,
    Mom to Bleinham Cavaliers Lily, 5 years old, and Alfie, 8 year old puppy mill rescue.
    At the Bridge, Chloe, Lhasa Apso.

Post Thanks / Like

OMG Poor little love. I hope that the pound will let him out. He can have a home here if need be. I will send him positive thoughts for his freedom & his life