• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Anyone in San Diego know of any good dog parks?

Battie4

If anyone in San Diego knows of any good dog parks please let me know. Feel free to pm or just respond to this post thanks!

from what I understand its like a park where the dogs are allowed to go off the leash usually they are fenced Ive driven by a couple in San Diego, but I cant remember where they are. They are parks designed for dogs like things to do just for dogs. At least thats what Ive had it described as. Hopefully thats right

Cathy T should be able to help you on this one.. I know she knows of a few down there! :flwr:

There are lots of dog parks in San Diego. Depends on where you are. The one we go to is at Doyle Park in the University Town Centre area. Our club is having a speaker next month who will talk about places in San Diego to take your dog....I can't wait....should be some great info. Let me know what specific area you are looking for and I'm sure I can find one for you.

Here's a link from the Parks and Recreation Department:
http://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recreation/general-info/dogs.shtml

It's really a shame we can't take our dogs, even on leash, to Mission Bay. The walk around the bay is beautiful. But dogs are only allowed before 9 a.m. and after 6 p.m.

Dog parks in SD

There is a dog park off Sunset Cliffs in Ocean Beach, which is also home to 'Dog Beach' where dogs are able to frolick around without a leash on the beach (with owner supervision of course). I wouldn't take your puppy there until she is older and also I would not let her run around without a leash regardless (Cavs have a chasing instinct and are very fast) plus you have to watch out for the big dogs, it seems I see a few Great Danes every time I go there.

Ocean Beach also has a lot of good natural/specialty pet shops and pet services (like the 'dog wash') a really cute pet pampering salon -- I think its off Bacon & Volitaire.

Battie4 said:
If anyone in San Diego knows of any good dog parks please let me know. Feel free to pm or just respond to this post thanks!

Last year i visited my daughter in SD a couple of times, she lived in La Jolla Village (i think that's what it was called) and we/i took the dogs to a dog park that was in walking distance from where they lived (they have now moved to LA). The dog park is about a mile or so off the 805, you get off at La Jolla Village Dr and if you were going south on the freeway, you turn right on Lebon, and then you turn right on Charmant Dr, and you follow Charmant drive around and it's about a half mile or so, you will pass a big striking looking white latter day saints temple on your right (which you can see from a distance), and you will be almost at the dog park then.

It's a very small dog park compared to what i'm used to, my main dog park here is huge and has a separate park for small dogs attached. But that little park i went to in SD is plenty big enough for dogs to run, be outdoors, play fetch, sniff around, apparently local people keep a container of water there. When i went, the two dogs and had a great time, they played continuously, and then someone arrived with a beagle who Belle fell in love with, it was cute. and then as we were leaving, someone arrived with a chihuahau. So it looked like there was a steady stream of people coming in. A lot of apartments around there.

However, it was not like there were a lot of dogs, the main one i go to here always has multiple dogs, day and night. Definitely the fewer dogs would be better for a shy dog, such as Belle is with most other dogs.

I think a new puppy, even with all shots, would be too small for the diverse and unpredictable population of a dog park. I wonder if you can find a puppy play group, or a cavalier play group. Maybe Cathy has some contacts for something like that.

I started taking Zack to the dog park when he was about 6 months at least. Dog parks can be pretty boisterous and dogs can be unpredictable. It's not really a situation for socializing a baby puppy. A play group with regular people where you know what sort of dog personalities are going to be there would be more ideal for a young puppy.

Belle and zack at the SD dog park, you can see they're enjoying themselves.

325793568_8070f21c75_m.jpg

Belle is happy

325793562_2101f6ab98.jpg

alright thanks for the locations everyone! I never knew Doyle Park had a doggy park I used to live in la Regencia which is like literally across the street from the parka dn the townhouse I just bought is like a 2 minute walk from there.

Back