Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lily's in heat too!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lily's in heat too!!!!

After just posting about this in Pamela's thread about Coco, I just picked up Lily and when I put her down, I noticed my shirt. Looked at her and lo-and-behold, SHE'S IN HEAT TOO. She was very weird this morning, just laying around , not playing and didn't eat her breakfast. Now I know why. I sure wish the Vet would have spayed her before this, but if it corrects her inverted vulva like he says it should, then it's worth it. She won't be able to start puppy class tomorrow, and we were so looking forward to it. Oh well, I guess it was better than starting and then having to stop. I've already paid, so I will just let it ride until she's done.

Off to the store to get something. What is best, the diapers or the sanitary pads and belt? Not even sure they still make those any more.
    Sharon,
    Mom to Bleinham Cavaliers Lily, 5 years old, and Alfie, 8 year old puppy mill rescue.
    At the Bridge, Chloe, Lhasa Apso.

Post Thanks / Like

They can be called different things: Here is one (if this works)
    http://www.kvvet.com/KVVet/productr....A5C110943F276E

If that didn't work-- go to kv vet and put in female doggie wrap in the search. They are also know as bitches britches. DONT try to use anything the dog will try to eat.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sandy!!!......How long will the actual bleeding last, and when in the cycle will it be safe again while she's outside?
    Sharon,
    Mom to Bleinham Cavaliers Lily, 5 years old, and Alfie, 8 year old puppy mill rescue.
    At the Bridge, Chloe, Lhasa Apso.

Post Thanks / Like

i can't believe that the girls are getting synchrised.
    Natalie, mummy to lady (blen) 8 months old

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shay
    Thanks Sandy!!!......How long will the actually bleeding last, and when in the cycle will it be safe again while she's outside?
    Bleeding usually lasts from two to three weeks. I isolate the girls in season from the boys for at LEAST 24 days. Sandy

Post Thanks / Like

If you go to any Pet Supermarket or Petco, they carry little demin diaper looking things that are washable. You just insert 1/2 of a thin maxi pad (cheap human brand) in them and change it periodically throughout the day. Just make sure that you take it off to potty her or you will get a mess ...I would get two of the diapers just in case that happens so she can wear one while you was the other. My MIL takes it off her girl at night while she is in the crate so she can clean herself and be more comfortable. Good luck!

http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.as...familyID=6288&
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure you can't take her to class with panties on? You can find a decent pair at most stores....after all, it's just the 2 of them, if the other is a female or really young, maybe it would be ok with the teacher?

Post Thanks / Like

You shouldn't take a female in heat anywhere and certainly not to class.

Shay would be mobbed by every male dog in the place and might have trouble getting into her car.

Males will travel great distances to "get at" a female in heat.

We used to have an intact German Sheppard across the street and so many males that the street would be blocked off to traffic!!!

Good luck Shay.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely not!! My neighbor's dogs got locked up through the tail hole of the diapers she was wearing!! They are flexible and determined little buggers!!!
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like

Ah Shay. Sorry you will have to wait on your classes. Your vet is going to have to wait to spay Lily for awhile after she finishes heat. They need to wait for the hormone levels to get back to normal. Katie initally went into heat 2 days before her scheduled spay and then we had to wait 3 months or so before she could be spayed.
    Molly and Murphy (tri), Katie (ruby), Casey (B/T),Spike the wonder pup (tri), Suzie (tri) and Penny (blen)