• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lily's in heat too!!!!

WoodHaven said:
Zippy said:
You shouldn't take a female in heat anywhere and certainly not to class.

Shay would be mobbed by every male dog in the place and might have trouble getting into her car.

Males will travel great distances to "get at" a female in heat.

We used to have an intact German Sheppard across the street and so many males that the street would be blocked off to traffic!!!

Good luck Shay. :flwr: :flwr:

Ironically-- You CAN show a bitch in season at an AKC show-- I've done it. My female surrounded by hundreds (literally) of Intact males--- and do you know-- not one male misbehaved.

Oh, tell me about it :yikes I was showing Bono once and there was a bitch in heat infront of us... Like you can imagine my man was not exactly consertraiting on the judges, or anything besides the bitch :sl*p:

Zippy said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe show dogs are much better behaved than "regular" pets. :flwr:

Maybe--- but many of the "guys" have knowledge of what a female in seasons means.--lol

Good Luck Shay!!!! I will keep you in my thoughts as I am sure the next few weeks won't be much fun for you or Lily. Keep us posted. :flwr:

Thanks Lynn....

I called the trainer today and she said that as long as Lily was feeling and acting ok, she could still come tomorrow. She didn't think it would be a problem. It wasn't the little spaniel who was the other dog in the class, it was the dogs who may be in the store at any given time that concerned me. I told her I just didn't feel comfortable about bringing her until she was out of heat. She said that was fine. They don't have another puppy day class until April 14th, so I went ahead and signed her up for that one. She will be almost 8 months by then. I hope I did the right thing.

sHAY, I wish you lots of luck and hope that everything works out for you both.
Hugs and kisses to the little lady.
Pam

hi i think that you did the right thing in delaying the puppy classes after all what's a couple more weeks. Have you seen any males lucking when lilly goes out to pee? And is lilly moody and trying to get out of your garden when you take her out?

awwww Shay. Little Lily is growing up too fast! Poor little lass, at 48 I remember the contraption I had to wear as a girl of 13 and I can sympathize with Lily not wanting her sanitary wear. Do dogs get crampy, cranky and irritable too?

I hope you are ok, I know you are at your mother's because of the tornado watch you are under.

BTW you can also just buy pads meant for humans and trim them to fit if they are too large. Probably cheaper than dog ones. I know lots of the breeders just use those.

Hi Shay...How are you doing? When I heard the news about tornadoes in your state I worried about you and Lily. Please let us know how you all are doing.

Hi Shay!! oh wow i cant believe Lily is in heat too! what a coincidence
:) Coco is getting on well, she's a bit cranky but as some other people mentioned she is keeping herself quite clean so although i got the pants and pads i haven't used them at all. She was supposed to start a class too but Dog Training Ireland have a policy that dogs in heat cannot attend classes under any circumstances :-( to be honest I dont want to take her anywhere or try anything new with her at the moment anyway - god knows how's she's feeling so i'll just give her lots of love and attention until this has passed. Good luck with Lily! :flwr:

pamela said:
Hi Shay!! oh wow i cant believe Lily is in heat too! what a coincidence
:) Coco is getting on well, she's a bit cranky but as some other people mentioned she is keeping herself quite clean so although i got the pants and pads i haven't used them at all. She was supposed to start a class too but Dog Training Ireland have a policy that dogs in heat cannot attend classes under any circumstances :-( to be honest I dont want to take her anywhere or try anything new with her at the moment anyway - god knows how's she's feeling so i'll just give her lots of love and attention until this has passed. Good luck with Lily! :flwr:

Hi Pamela...I know! I have her in her little panties becasue I don't want to stain any of my furniture or rugs. I do take it off of her a night though. She was feeling good yesterday, but she loves her Grandmother, and she was with her all day, and we spent the night too. Since I got home this morning, she is just sleeping and not playing. But she may be missing my Mother too. Hubby came home from out of town a little while ago and she was not her usual whole body wagging self, so I'm sure she isn't feeling well. She has been a little angle though. I'll be glad when this is over! Give Coco hugs from us. :flwr:

Back