• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Maddy is home updated 3/1/07

PamH

Hubby just called. Maddy is home from her spay surgery.
He said she is crying a lot and shrieking when she moves.
I could hear her at one point and she sounded awful.
I told him I wish I was there to be with her, but he said she didn't want anyone near her right now.
Poor baby. He said her dew claws have red tape around them and that the vet pulled some baby teeth (don't know why).
Pam

Oh poor little Maddy. I hope she's felling better soon. Hugs to you from Lily little Maddy :hug:

The vet said ten days of no baths, no walks, no jumping.
The poor little thing.

An update - she just woke up and insisted on going outside to pee.
She then plopped herself on the couch on the pillows. Bad part was she jumped up on the couch. Good part is she seems more comfy.
What a good girl to go outside even in pain.
Pam

Pam,

Glad to hear she's feeling a bit more comfortable now. Isn't it funny how despite all you do to make them comfortable they seek out "their" place and snuggle down there - even when its on top on a sofa and you're trying to keep them from jumping. Give her a day or two and she'll be fighting fit again. :)

Until then we'll be thinking of her.

Poor maddy,
if her pain is giving her too much trouble I would talk to the vet about some pain relief ?

The teeth thing is normal and will help her out a bit.

Sending big healing kisses and cuddles to Maddy from me and the boys.

Last night my husband thought she would be more comfy in her crate. But no, she wanted to sleep with him. She got as close as she could and put her head on his shoulder. He stayed very still all night and did not sleep much. He said she had looked after him for a few days when he had the flu, so he felt he had to look after her. She only moaned a few times when she moved wrong.
She is so lovable.
Pam

oh the poor little sweetheart. i'm sure maddy was so comforted by the night of cuddles. that is so sweet!

indy has been on metacalm before for pain---it's a mild anti-inflammatory and if maddy is eating at all the vet might be able to give it to her to make things easier.

k :flwr:

Awww, that's soo sweet that your husband stayed so still all night so she could be next to him in the bed.

Hope your Maddy feels better soon. :flwr:

Back