• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Car Sickness!!!!

BELLE'S MUMMY

Hi, Just wondering if anyone can help. We have just booked another camping trip for May the only problem is that Belle gets car sick :yikes

Does anyone have any good tips or anything that has worked for them??
I am taking her out as often as I can in the car to get her used to it but it's about a 3 hour drive where were going to and I don't want my baby to be ill all the way :(

xx

There are things you can give to eat that help to settle the stomach, I think ginger but you will have to check.
There was a thread about this not long ago maybe if you do a search.
It also helps to try and use a cushion or something to help with the vibrations. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice.

Last summer I got her some sickness tablets from pets @ home (these didn't work) we also had her bed in the car for her to lie on. Someone else has also mentioned ginger - I will have to read up on this!

:flwr:
xx

We have the same problem with our Golden retriever and our vet told us to use children's motion sickness medicine. I just give her the amount suggested for a child the same weight and it works like a charm! I would check this with your vet if you are nervous, but I believe that gravol makes a baby version that you could probably give to a cavalier.

We have the same problem with our Golden retriever and our vet told us to use children's motion sickness medicine. I just give her the amount suggested for a child the same weight and it works like a charm! I would check this with your vet if you are nervous, but I believe that gravol makes a baby version that you could probably give to a cavalier.

Definately check this with the vet.

I was also thinking it may help if she is in a position where she can't see any movement from outside and feels completely safe like a carrier ???

Theresa,

It was me that mentioned ginger on our walk :D - Perhaps a trip to the vet may be in order or something herbal might be better. Try Denes or Dorwest herbs - Harvest foods up heys lane should be able to get something in for you before you go ;)

Going anywhere nice?

Mint is good for settling tummies as well.

Also, a lot of dogs who have carsickness problems do much better when in a seatbelt/carseat or a crate.

Going anywhere nice?

Just booked 2 camping trips we are going to Golden Sands Lincolnshire in May & Blue Dolphin Yorkshire in July these are both Haven Camping Sites and we had so much fun last year. It's really nice being able to go on holiday and take Belle with us :D

Can't Wait :drivecar:

Back