Thread: little Ruby mix in Vancouver-urgent

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default little Ruby mix in Vancouver-urgent

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=7959262

If you know anyone who can save her, very sad story

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Anyone in Washington state or Canadian members who can arrange to get this dog to a non-kill group or breed rescue? Long waiting lists of homes for dogs thru west coast breed rescue from my disciussions with bay area folks -- maybe the western contacts for breed rescue could help on this one?

Looks like a cocker head though to me? More likely a cockalier?
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

The president of the CKCS Club of B.C. - is going to make some calls. They won't take her in as a rescue themselves as they don't deal with cross breeds. However, only 3-4 full Cavs come up for rescue in B.C. a year (which is good news, I guess) and thus there is a waiting list for these dogs.

She think she knows one or two people who may want to adopt this dog.

She did say she will NOT let this little one be put down regardless of her breeding.

I will let you know more as I hear it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chardonnay
    I just spoke to the president of the CKCS Club of B.C. - she is going to call me back. I will keep you posted
    found this: British Columbia:
    Mrs. Katie Eldred turnworth@bc.sympatico.ca 604-857-2106 Cavalier Rescue contact for that area

Post Thanks / Like

Ok...somebody went to try to get the dog out...They would not release her. She was just surrendered. There is a waiting period (I guess, in case the owners change their mind).

In any case, nothing bad is going to happen to this little sweetie. She is safe.

The B.C. rescue president is going to email me when everything is settled out with Daisy and I will post an update.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Please note that this could be a full cavalier. It is also posted as a full cavalier. Lots of cavaliers from BYBs and puppy mills are long in the face as this one is.

It would be better for someone involved in breed rescue to go view the dog before making an assumption it isn't a cavalier if that is a concern. Very hard to make guesses from a tiny blurry pic on a website.

A good percentage of the cavaliers listed on Petfinder probably are not full cavaliers though. There has long been an argument that unless someone has papers for a dog it shouldn't be listed on Petfinder as a breed but as a breed 'type'.

I'm only guessing it's a cocker/cavalier mix as the head/eyes look to me like a cocker more than a cavalier so could be a mix or just a long faced cavalier. Or a bad picture angle!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

She does look like a Cav/Cocker mix and looks a little sweetie. Can you just imagine her sitting there waiting for her people to come back? It just breaks your heart