• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Gunmen dognap L.A. family’s five puppies

I almost cried when I saw that..How terrifying!! I would be so scared as to what the gunmen are going to do with the puppies...keep them? Sell them? hurt them?? Oh how awful.

OMG!!! I saw that on the news last night (we live very close to LA so it was allll over the local news). I was honestly tearing up! The video of it was absolutely horrifying. The owners had just installed a camera system in their house JUST for this sort of thing 10 days ago. Apparently they live in a rough area of LA and people have tried it before. The video was so disturbing - men in black were grabbing them and putting them in bags. :swear: I hope they go to jail for a long, long time.

Just saw that at noon.....thank heavens for video surveillance.

Hopefully, they'll catch the guys.

Our police forces keep solving murders by putting videos onto YouTube!!!

Whatever works!!

Do you want to know something creepy? I honestly had a dream last night that some lady knocked on my door and when I opened it she had a gun and she dognapped Ellie and Teddy!!! I have been just chilled by the dream all day, and I got home and that story was on AOL.com! I am really freaked out now...
But those poor people. That is just HORRIBLE, the poor babies being SHOVED in a bag!?! And the people must just have been terrified and heartbroken at the same time. How do those kind of people even exist?

It does make you wonder how people can be that evil. Are they born that way or is it their environment. Just a horrible story.

I dog sat for my dog's breeder a couple of years ago. I thought as a nice treat I would have someone come in and clean their house and found someone through the local paper, they were a crew of 2. After they finished, she wanted more money than we agreed on, and I looked around and realized the value of the 20 dogs and puppies, she now knew where they were, and I paid her more because I didn't want any trouble or retribution.
With my litter, There was only one person I was suspicious of who came over, because of her weird behavior when I found out she told every breeder she wanted their puppy, not anything she said or did to me, and I made sure there were 2 other people there at the time she arrived. On another list I'm on, the breeder said she doesn't let people come over "just to visit puppies" for the future, or to look. I only had one guy do that, he came with his 2 boys, but I thought he was serious, and other than waste my afternoon, I wasn't fearful. It's really a difficult position to be in and a good reason not to have an ad in the paper.

that's such a sads story. I bet that family is going to have nightmares for years to come. :( As others have said - thank GOD for the cameras.

Kim - on new years day somewhere around here there was a lady that opened her door and a man on the other side shot her in the face and killed her. http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_6571.aspx Totally random.. I don't open my door for anybody or anything anymore unless it's halloween. What an awful dream. I think if something like that happened to me I'd lose my mind.

Breeding must really put you guys on edge huh??

I'm like you Sara. When we lived in Atlanta, there were home invasions all the time. I never opened my door. Where we live now in Birmingham, I'm not as scared to open my door, but I still don't if I don't know who's there.

Hi

What a shocking thing to happen. How can people do this? It makes me so angry. :x

I don't know about you, but when i take my Harvey out for a walk I am very wary of people I see and don't know, to me he is my baby but to others he could just be a £ sign. If i see a van parked i will cross the road because of the stories i have heard about people jumping out of them and snatching your dog. I honestly don't know what i would do if it happened to me.

Anna (Mum of Harvey)

I'd been thinking about that story ever since I saw that horrible video on the News after it happened. I am so glad they are safe, or, well, most of them, I hope they find the last one and that one is safe too. Thank you for posting that!!!

Back