• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New Boy coming tomorrow.

I just noticed the note about the Puppia in this thread - perhaps we should start a new thread on it, but her'es the story on the Puppia for everyone! As some of you know I had 3 smalls - 2 were Lucky's and Jan (gocamping) got Lucky's.

Justine asked about the other and I promised it to her but then got so lame at sending it out with moving and I think Alfie was attached around that time, so I sent it and told her to accept it as a welcome home gift for the new little guy.

If anyone else can use it, I'm happy for the Puppia to go to a new home where it can be used. It's red, small and in pretty good condition. (not new of course). I think donating the monies to a local rescue is a great idea.

hes Big

hubby has him,apparently hubby has his ears all cleaned up.he is a little bigger than alfs so i am hopng alfs ok with him.will keep you posted.

Oh you are so lucky you must be so excited. They will love each other loads (maybe not today) but they will be great company for each other. I have never regretted getting two. Watching them play is so funny.

By the way I am so going to miss your avatar, its one of the best ones I have seen it is sooo cute.

yvonne

i hope your right.hubby said we might get them both with the dummies,alfs still likes the dummies he is allways trying to take ellas when she is not looking.

welcome charlie

hes here and taken to ella.taken pics hubby will put on in a min.hes gorgous.

i feel bad

i just want to be honest to tell you guys that having charlie did not work out,he was to dominant for poor alfs and i have had to find him another home.alfs wasnt coping very well he wouldnt leave my side and wouldnt eat for a couple of days.so we relented and let him go.i feel so stupid and guilty ist not a nice feeling.

Ohno.. I'm so sorry to hear that this didn't work out.. It seems like you were so excited about this.. I hope you'll find another Cavie soon who'll be perfect for you guys and Alfs..

You shouldn't feel stupid or guilty. I'm sure you found a very good home for Charlie and he'll be a very happy dog there.

Hope Alfs will cope soon. Is that the name, Alfs??

I dont think you should feel stupid at all. Its hard to bring new dogs that are older into a home. Sometimes (just like people) they just rub each other the wrong way. Life would not be pleasant having to worry or step in between them. Maybe another time the right dog will come along. Dont sweat it as they say, you tried and made the right choice for your family.

Don't blame yourself, Justine. You have to do what is right for you and your family.

I went through this a few years ago when I got a Golden Retriever puppy. I just loved her, but had a 14 year old shihtzu that absolutely hated the dog. We decided that it wasn't worth ruining what was left of the shihtzu's life by adding the puppy - no matter how sweet and wonderful she was. We ended up finding the Golden a perfect home with a young man who travels and takes him with her everywhere. We still get pix sometimes of her - standing on mountains, etc.

You've done the right thing.

If it was meant to be, it would have worked out. It is nobody's fault. Perhaps because they were both males? I have heard stories of 2 males in one household trying to dominate so much that they do not like each other. However this is not always the case. At least you have sweet Alfie. Hopefully Emma took the bad news ok and so glad you found him a new home :flwr: :hug:

still feel bad

thanks for the support.my daughter just cried and cried its hard to tell a 6 yr old.she blames alfs.but in the end she understood i think.the chap who has taken him i had checked out as much as i could.but at least charlie is the only dog in his new home.the family bought him new toys,harness and bed so he will get all the att.he needs.alfie is back to his normal self and seems chirppy this morning.i do feel stupid and very guilty.i thought i would get some mean mail i was scared to come on to the site.so many thanks.

oh justine i just read what happened----i'm sorry that must have been very hard to do, especially with kids involved. you did the best thing for alfie and your family. don't feel stupid OR guilty. the right new addition will come along eventually!

k :flwr:

No mean mail here Justine, just lots of support. I'm glad you were able to find Charlie a good home, where he will more than likely flourish. Hugs to you, Alfie, the beautiful Ella and your husband.

Hey Justine, I just saw this thread. The same thing happened to us last year when Cara first came to us. Rudee just couldn't cope and I owed it to her to put her first, so I had to let Cara go. I cried for three says afterwards....felt so stupid and inept but it was the right thing to do and I know that if I had kept Cara then , I would have blamed / resented her when Rudee had to be PTS :( but it all worked out in the end and Cara is now back with us...

:flwr: :hug:

Justine the same hapened to me. When Harvey was about a year we got another cav who was a couple of months younger but he was much more lively than Harvey. Poor old Harvey was frightened to death and would not come off the sofa. We felt the same that he was there first and we did not want him to suffer so we took the dog back. We tried again when Harvey was 15 months and got a puppy instead so Harvey is the boss, this time it has all worked out fine. Dont give up enjoy Alfie on his own til he is more grown up then maybe a pup would be better for you.

hi and thanks.i actually phoned alfs breeder today and had a long dicussion about alfs and she also said the same thing ,that bringing another boy in to alfs home has a 50/50 chance of working,also because alfs and him were the same age the boy was going to take over.as she pointed out cavs arnt agrresive and he woudnt of stuck up for himself bacuase not in there nature .she suggested waiting a little longer and getting a puupy would be better as alfie would be able to be the boss.she also sugests trying a female.but we will see as i dont want to make the same mistake agian.

My boys are fine together. Alfie was castrated today and Harvey was already castrated when we got Alfie. I took a few tips from others to ensure Harvey was higher up the ladder than Alfie for example I fed Harvey first made more fuss of him always greet him first when I got home etc. I felt wicked at first to the new pup especially as Harvey was allowed on the bed but not Alfie he went into his crate in the bedroom. Alfie seems happy with his position in the household and gradually he has been allowed the same privilages as Harvey but still seems to be ok with Harvey being boss.

Back