• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

indy off to vets tomorrow

KimNIndy

indy has had an upset tummy since thursday and i just noticed a bit of blood in his stool this evening :( the poor thing has been fasted and is now on rice and chicken and it looks like he'll be fasting again.

i called the emergency vets after finding the blood and they are happy for him to stay home tonight and come in tomorrow morning during office hours.

he's in great spirits and has been the whole time although i just caught him chewing on a fridge magnet that's now missing its head and i hope it's lying broken somewhere and not in his tummy. :roll:

i'm just feeling a bit sorry for him. he gets a lot of upset tummies---no doubt the result of all the chewing gum and assorted goodies he picks up on his walks.

k

I'll be thinking of you both. Hope all goes well. I also have a pavement vacum when we walk so I understand the tummy thing

Good luck kim, I hope Indy feels better soon. I went through that same stuff with Tucker, and once I changed his diet it made a tremendous difference. He doesn't have bilish puke anymore, and no more watery and/or bloody poop.

I hope they get Indy straightened out at the vet.

Kim...Thinking of you and Indy. I'm sure he'll be back to normal in no time. :flwr:

Note to Indy " stop being a scavenger and do as your Mommy says!!"

Hope Indy is better by tomorrow and that you find the missing piece of the fridge magnet :flwr: :hug:

thanks everyone for all the well-wishes :flwr: :flwr:

the visit went well---they think he'll be just fine and he got an injection and some antibiotics to clear up the bacteria that causes the diarreah and blood. he also has some special prescriptives dog food to eat to help heal and boost his tummy. i was really happy about that because poor indy keeps getting stuck with no food at all or rice/chicken and i think he'll enjoy this much more.

it's such a shame their tiny little brains can't connect the scavenging to the sore tummy :( he's getting a lot better but he's so darn fast!!!

we also scheduled his neutering for monday 12th march....poor thing doesn't know his days of being a 'manly man' are numbered :lol: i've decided not to be nervous about it until the weekend before.....we'll see.

k

Back