• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Milk

Milk is a no no, but I understand if they need milk it should be goat's milk.

oops.....lily has a bit in her scrambled egg & the other week she somehow got her hands on half a pot of yoghurt one of the kids accidently left lying around....... :yikes

I have given my cavs plain, fat-free yogurt with probiotics, just a spoonful mixed into their kibble. They like it, and it hasn't caused any problems. :)

Yep, yogurt is just fine in moderation. Any time my dogs are on antibiotics, I always give them a spoonful in their food - the probiotics really help to keep everything running smoothly in light of the antibiotics (which are also killing that "good bacteria." :flwr:

Darby's Mom said:
Yep, yogurt is just fine in moderation. Any time my dogs are on antibiotics, I always give them a spoonful in their food - the probiotics really help to keep everything running smoothly in light of the antibiotics (which are also killing that "good bacteria." :flwr:

Christine:

I have been giving both my boys Probiotics for almost 6 weeks now, I was told by someone that they are not necessary.
The very well informed employee at Global also told me that they help replace the good bacteria and like you said keep everything running smoothly. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Both Darby and Dudley are very healthy. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Question: Welsey is on antibiotics for a staph infection he got from his flea dermatitis. I usually put probiotics in his food and stopped while he is on them. (call me stupid, but I figured that pro-biotics and anitbiotics at the same time might negate each other. I called the vet and his receptionist said that she would stop them for the time being). I plan on starting him back up as soon as his antibiotics are through, should they be given at the same time?

Back