• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Need Advice-Swallowed the stuffed animal

CVFlagg

So, I just discovered that my older cav (3yrs) chewed the ear off of his bunny rabbit and aparentley swallowed it. I have searched high and low and can't find it. I called the vet and they said since it was soft, they hoped it would pass on its own but if he stopped eating or getting lethargic to bring him in asap.

Has anyone else had this problem? Do they usually pass on their own? The ear was not more than 3 inches long, 1/2 inch wide. Any advice is appreciated!

I'd give the dog some high fibre food and watch for it passing.

Maybe even bran soaked in warm water to help "push" it through.

Good luck, hope it passes by itself. :flwr: :flwr:

I thought Jake ate the nose off of a toy once...found it later that day under the sofa. It wouldn't have hurt him...I'm sure he would have just passed it. Do poop inspections and see if it comes out. Do keep an eye on your dog though for lethargy or any other unusual behavior.

Pain, vomiting and inability to have a bowel movement are also signs of a bowel obstruction, which should be treated like a medical emergency.

Hopefully he'll be ok! :flwr: :flwr:

Let us know what happens, ok??? I'll be interested to see if he actually did eat it. My two are always eating something. Once I saw a piece of the plastic milk ring from the top of the milk container in Max's poop. I TRY to be so careful and not let them get to things they shouldn't have. I hope it passes without any problems if he ate it.

I discovered once that Cody ate an ENTIRE LEASH. He had chewn it apart and ate the little pieces. I am SOOOO lucky that he didn't die from strings wrapping around his intestines or a blockage. He passed it through just fine, but he seems to have a stomach of steel. I actually had no clue that he did it until I discovered his bright fuscia poo on my floors (it was a red leash :roll: ) and I had noticed the metal clip of the leash on the floor a day before and that was it...I had never expected that he had eaten the whole damn thing!!!!

I would feed some extra pumpkin or canned yams (high fiber) and hopefully it will pass. If there is nothing within the next 24 hours, I would take him to the vet.

Success! The bunny ear came out on its own. We have know cut off all ears to all our stuffed toys as a precaution. Thanks for all the advice!

Thank heavens for that, eh??!! :)

Isn't it great being on poop watch?? :lol: :lol:

Glad it worked out, literally!

CVFlagg said:
Success! The bunny ear came out on its own. We have know cut off all ears to all our stuffed toys as a precaution. Thanks for all the advice!

PMSL. We have to buy toys with sewn in eyes and noses or they get gobbled up by Maxx and I have to watch for them coming out the other end :roll:

Back