• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Todays the Day! Coopers last knee op

cooper&fergus

Hi everyone. Well today is finally the day. We just dropped Cooper at the vets for his left patella knee op to be done. He has recovered really well from his right knee but his left is now really bad. We almost had a panic cause another Cooper was booked in for some xrays and the lady at the desk got the forms mixed up and we thought maybe it wasn't being done today..and some other poor Cooper would have ended up with a major knee op. Fortunately disaster was averted and he's probably under anaesthetic as we speak. I am anxiously waiting for the vet to call once he comes out of surgery. I hope all goes well and this is the last time he has to have these major ops done. Fergus is already missing him here at home....and so is his mummy :(

Can't wait for this all to be over.

:updte: Number 1

Vet just called. Cooper has just had his xrays and is prepped for surgery. Left knee is awful apparantly. Alignment is terrible and he's obviously really struggling on it. Vet says he's going to need a lot of surgical work to get the knee right....hopefully he can do it :(

He'll call in a couple of hours when he's done. Now I'm really worried.

Good luck Coop. Mummy is thinking of you constantly. :flwr:

Wow....You and Cooper have really been through it with his knees. He is a brave little boy. Please let us know how his surgery went . I'm sure he will be back on his paws in no time. Sounds like he really did well with his fist surgery. We will be thinking of you and Cooper.

:updte: Number 2

The vet just called. He's finished the op and is happy with how the knee has turned out. It needed a fair bit of work but at the end he felt the repair was strong. And he had a good feel of the right one and that one feels good too. Cooper is now waking up so he has got through surgery ok. Thank god.

We will visit him tonight and hopefully he'll be able to come home tomorrow. :xfngr:

Positive thoughts and prayers for Coopers' knee op.

Hope it all turns out well, easier than the first knee. :flwr: :flwr:

So glad the OP is over b*n*n* Sending lots of get well wishes to Cooper for a fast recovery :hug: :hug: :xfngr:

:flwr:

That's great news. You're on the home stretch now. He'll be running around the place before you know it. :dogwlk:

Happy to hear the surgery went well. Maggie will be going soon and I am extremely nervous. How long will he have to stay in the hospital. I went to 2 orthopedists. One recommended 3 days and one said overnight was sufficient. Don't know who to believe.
Diane

For all his ops Cooper stayed in overnight and came home the following evening. We just did what our surgeon recommended. He had excellent pain relief. A morphine infusion till he came home. An injection before he came home. A fentanly patch to go home with which lasted 4 days and some tablets to take at home. It was great having him home but he didn't get back to his normal self for a couple of days and seemed to take that long to feel comfortable putting weight on the leg. It was hard getting him to go to the toilet for the first couple of days until he felt confident standing on the leg. I can see positives out of doing either- overnight or 3 days but the biggest plus for us is having him home with us as soon as possible. It was really lonely without him and Fergus is so depressed without him here. We get to pick him up in a few hours after what should be his last hospital stay. The vet says he's doing really well. :)

Back