Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Look who I picked up!! Update...with PICS!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Look who I picked up!! Update...with PICS!

This poor little baby girl has been stuck in the Tampa Animal Services shelter for over a month. I am amazed that she has survived this long because it is a HIGH kill shelter. when I was trying to find out more about her, there were over THIRTY pages of dogs (with at least 20 per page). There are several "spaniel mixes" so I am going to take another look around when I am there to see if anyone else needs rescuing. They have been wonderful and are allowing rescue to take her in, so I am picking her up after work tomorrow. Here she is, she is definetly a mix, but has the cavie chestnut markings. the poor baby is scared to death and I can't wait to get her out of this hell hole!!

We never would have known about this baby without the wonderful women at the shelter contacting us and we are soooo grateful! If you want to be involved in rescue, simply leave your name and number at your local shelter/county animal services and they will contact you if a baby needs your help!!!
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like

She is lovely. She does look very scared though, poor love. Its good that you could help her
    Luvzcavs xx
    Harry (tri) and Digby (blen).

Post Thanks / Like

Hope all goes well for you today! So glad that there are people like you out there!
    Lindsay
    Proud mom of Spencer (tri), Izzy (blen), Tilly (tri) and Howie the cava-cat

Post Thanks / Like

What a damn day. So I spoke with the shelter representative this morning and "settled" everything, updated my name, all of my dogs' rabies tag info (including Zoey, who got her rabies shot yesterday, so this woman knew how many dogs I own) and I drive 45 minutes after work to pick up this little love. I get there and fill out all of the forms (which is an adoption form even though I work for a rescue) and they tell me that I CAN'T TAKE HER HOME because I live within city limits and you can only own four pets!!! What the hell!! (It's a darn good thing she doesn't know I have cats!! ) I am FURIOUS because this little girl is being punished because I love my dogs enough to have them all updated on their shots so they are in the system! GRRR :evil: It would have been AWFUL NICE of this lade to let me know this before I drove all the way down there to get rejected. I wanted to cry.

Believe me, we are working around this and she will be out by tomorrow morning at 8am sharp. (She will be in my home by 3pm..shhh!!!) I just can't believe that they would rather put this girl to sleep than give her to a rescue member who will find the perfect home for her. I made them SWEAR that she will be ok until tomorrow , we have 24 hours to get her out or they will put her down.

I went and visited her...I had to walk through ROOMS AND ROOMS FULL of dogs....they have over 500 right now. :cry: :cry: :cry: I can remember each one of their faces and I wanted to love on them all. When I finally got to her, she seemed so scared...they are so over crowded that a chow chow puppy was attached to the fence of her kennel by a leash. This puppy was so rambunctious and excited that I was on the floor near him that the little cavie girl was too afraid to come to the front of the kennel. I didn't get to pet her, but I told her that no matter what, I will get her out. We made eye contact, and I think she knew I was coming back.

I tell you, I was THIS close to hiring a homeless guy on the street to get her out for me...I can't stand that she is spending another night in there, but she will be here tomorrow. Say some prayers for her tonight...
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you Monica. Thanks for helping this poor little girl!!!
    Sharon,
    Mom to Bleinham Cavaliers Lily, 5 years old, and Alfie, 8 year old puppy mill rescue.
    At the Bridge, Chloe, Lhasa Apso.

Post Thanks / Like

Sending prayers your way that she finds her way to you~
    A Good Attitude is like Kudzu~ It spreads quickly and never stops growing.......

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, this just breaks my heart! I honestly cannot stand to go into animal shelters (I'm a wuss, I know) ... I literally cry for days and days afterward.

Good for you! I am so happy she's going to be home with you tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

{{{{Monica}}}} hope you can find a way of getting her out.

Post Thanks / Like

oh monica how terrible my heart really goes out to you ....please keep us updated

things like this really bug me big time rules and boundries before the dogs happiness really makes me blood boil
    Cavaliers are like chocolate the more you see the more you want

Post Thanks / Like

Monica....Any news for us??? I hope it's good news!!
    Sharon,
    Mom to Bleinham Cavaliers Lily, 5 years old, and Alfie, 8 year old puppy mill rescue.
    At the Bridge, Chloe, Lhasa Apso.