Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Look who I picked up!! Update...with PICS!

Post Thanks / Like

Well...my contact is at the shelter right now filling out the application to get her out. We have had to fight, make a thousand phone calls and lie through our teeth to pull this off.

I figured out a way around the system...I am going to transfer Stewie to my MIL's name so that way I have a "free spot" in the hillsborough county computers so we won't have to go through this again. We have joint custody with my in-laws anyhow, so he spends every other week there, which is where he will be when I foster.

This is absolutely ridiculous that to the county, it seems more appropriate to keep a dog in a shelter with 500 other animals, then to give it to a person in a HOME with 4 dogs. Give me a break.

I am expecting a phone call in the next 5 minutes that she is out...cross your fingers. Then it is off to the vet for her, and the groomers!!
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck today!
    Lindsay
    Proud mom of Spencer (tri), Izzy (blen), Tilly (tri) and Howie the cava-cat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moniechris
    This is absolutely ridiculous that to the county, it seems more appropriate to keep a dog in a shelter with 500 other animals, then to give it to a person in a HOME with 4 dogs. Give me a break.
    That is just unbelievable. Makes no sense at all. Just another example of a ridiculous bureaucracy. Everything crossed on this end!!!
    Sharon,
    Mom to Bleinham Cavaliers Lily, 5 years old, and Alfie, 8 year old puppy mill rescue.
    At the Bridge, Chloe, Lhasa Apso.

Post Thanks / Like

She's out!!!! And she will never have to see the inside of that horrible place again. The guy who got her for me said that she is really sweet, and already seemed relieved to be out. She was soaked in urine, and is now headed to the groomers. Poor little thing. I can't wait to get her!!
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like

That's the best new yet.
    Sharon,
    Mom to Bleinham Cavaliers Lily, 5 years old, and Alfie, 8 year old puppy mill rescue.
    At the Bridge, Chloe, Lhasa Apso.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so happy to hear this! Congrats. I hope you find a great home for her.
    Pam
    Pam
    Mummy to Miss Madeleine born 9/1/2006

Post Thanks / Like

So pleased can we see photos
    ----- Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney---Sam)
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you, Monica. I'm glad you were able to work things out to get the dog - even if it meant "sacrificing" Stewie!

You know who I'd talk to about the quarantine time. But that's me. You've got enough brains to listen to your vet and do whatever he says is best. Are your other dogs vaccinated against kennel cough?

What will you name this new one?
    Critter -
    RIP Wallis, John Robert, Tibby & Pip
    Mom to JoJo, Roxie & Linguini (Cavaliers)
    and my birds Moji (Senegal) and Walter (Blue Front Amazon)

Post Thanks / Like

How's your girl, Monica? Has she made it home yet? I've thought about you all day. Rescue is not an easy task, it just about wears you out emotionally. So proud of your tenacity. You go girl!

JaneB

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on freeing the little baby. Well done. Cannot wait to hear more.
    Charleen and Cav's: Pippin (ruby male), Merry (b&t female), Luke (blenheim male) & Jolly (tri male puppy)