Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Look who I picked up!! Update...with PICS!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moniechris

I also am in love with the high that rescuing gives, and I want to do this for the rest of my life. )Now I just need to win the lottery so I can do this full time ) If I adopted her then I wouldn't be able to foster anymore, because I simply wouldn't have the funds or the room so I know that I am going to find her a great home where she will be somebody's baby

My daughter has "caught" the fostering bug too. She is fostering a lab that was caught in a housefire. Poor thing lost most of her pads on her feet, her nails MELTED, she is missing bits of her ear. She had second and third degree burns all over her body -- her owners ditched her at the vets when they found out how expensive it is to treat a dog with burns for 2 MONTHS.

Post Thanks / Like

Haylie is doing wonderfully. She has changed so much in the week that I have had her. She is more outgoing, learning to approach my fiancee instead of cowering under the table and she has found her voice. She sings for her supper, she barks when we come home, she even chases my boys around the yard. She does the cutest little tap dance with her front paws when she is happy. I just love her.

Unfortunately, the home we had lined up for her changed their minds. They decided that they did not want to go through the pain of losing another dog to heart failure (they have already lost 3). They would have been the perfect home for her, but alas. Now I am searching through applications again If anyone would like to apply, let me know!
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there...the absolutely totally perfectly wonderful home is going to come along and it's all going to work out just right!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

I wander into this section about once a wk. The reason I hold off and then come and do all my reading on one day, is everytime, stories like this just get me . Wow it started the moment I got to the second page of pics with her big smile and shining eyes. That is one happy dog - congrats to you and your family cause you obviously know how to make a confused scared dog confident and loved! That alone will make it so much easier to find her the perfect loving home.

Post Thanks / Like

I love this story! Haylie sounds like a big bundle of sweetness. I am really hoping she finds her perfect home soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Haylie is doing so well and I thank everyone who has been following her story. She is doing exceptionally well and has even grown fond of Michael (who acts like he has won the lottery every time she lets him touch her ) She used to cower under the couch every time he entered the room, and now she paws him for attention. Who knew!! I will post more pictures soon, but because of the Zoey fiasco, I have had my hands full. She still needs a home though, so please, if you know anyone interested, PM me!!
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moniechris
    She is doing exceptionally well and has even grown fond of Michael (who acts like he has won the lottery every time she lets him touch her )
    That is so cute So glad she is coming out of her shell. I will let my coastal friends know she needs a home.
    Lindsay
    Proud mom of Spencer (tri), Izzy (blen), Tilly (tri) and Howie the cava-cat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WoodHaven View Post
    My daughter has "caught" the fostering bug too. She is fostering a lab that was caught in a housefire. Poor thing lost most of her pads on her feet, her nails MELTED, she is missing bits of her ear. She had second and third degree burns all over her body -- her owners ditched her at the vets when they found out how expensive it is to treat a dog with burns for 2 MONTHS.
    That has got to be the saddest thing I have read in a long time. Your pet suffers through the damage of a home fire (imagine how scared that dog must have been) and you DITCH IT?? I dont put my pets above my children but certainly I move heaven and earth for them when in need as I would for my children. I just dont get some pet owners and why they have pets to begin with