• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puffy Eyelid --- Not Sure What's Wrong

Ginger's Mom

When Ginger opens her eyes, her left eye doesn't open as wide as the right one. It looks like her eye is irritated. Her eye is pretty red.. It's been like that past hour or so.. We thought that something got in her eye, but I looked and nothing was there...

Any clue on what could be causing this irritation? Thanks!

Thank you for taking her. My response would be that in most cases they only have two eyes so you need to take care of them (Wallis only has one good eye.)

Probably something as simple as a little conjuctivitis, but you want to know for sure.

I care! Let me know. 8)

i would pop her along to the vets ..you never know with eyes it needs checking out

let us know what the vet says :)

If my dogs seem to be favoring one eye-- I grab the bottle of "tears" as soon as I notice and flush the eye. This may not solve the problem, but it can't hurt. sandy

Hello, thanks all! She's doing OK -- I almost took her to the animal urgent care (it was late at night) but then her eye seemed to get better by the minute. The puffyness was completely gone by the next morning, thank goodness. I used some human eye solution to her eye and I think it helped out a bit. Now that I'm thinking my eye was a bit puffy as well so I think we had some dust in the house.

I'm glad she's okay. You might consider calling your regular vet and telling them about it so that they can make a note on her chart. That way if it should happen again they will know when it was, etc.

I was concerned about both of you, now I can find something else to worry about!

Thanks to you both, for worrying about us. This forum is so wonderful and the support everyone gives is just incredible. :flwr:

Back